Monday, June 30, 2008

The week 13 extravaganza



***Once again, none of these babies are ours, don't get too attached. The last one (i love the heart shape...haha) is of twins.

13 whole weeks of pregnancy are under my belt... if I could wear a belt.
Our baby has seemingly retrogressed yet again and this week is the size of a medium shrimp. While I am not typically a seafood fan, I am making an exception. Last night, I was standing there feeling my belly, like a normally do... and I was like WOAH, Nic, feel this. No, it wasn't kicking (yet!) but we could feel this big hard lump that I am assuming is my uterus. So, I quickly did some reading about uterus placement and I found that your uterus isn't supposed to rise to your belly button till your 20th week and so I am thinking multiples are looking more and more like reality. AHHHH CRAZY! I would be SOOOO excited!! Well, triplets and beyond would scare the bejees out of me, but 2 would be fun! Of course, if its just one little medium shrimp, we will be thrilled! I was talking to my friend Ashley today and she was like: don't we have the technology to know for sure? And yes, we do. Well, WE don't but I know someone who does. Dr. Larson, my elusive obgyn. Problem, she is one busy lady who I couldn't schedule a first apt. with until 14 weeks. good thing that is only one week away now. It seems like we've been waiting FOREVER!!! I am just dying to know because I am such a planner. If we are having one, I'd like to know. If we are having 2,3, 4 ect I would REALLY like to know! Especially because the house hunt is continuing and square feet might have to increase if the number of baby feet in our household also increases.
This weekend we are off to Bakersfield, the armpit of California.
But, brightening up the armpit will be most of my siblings (everyone but Mark) plus all their awesome kids! Some cousins I haven't seen in years and years. Both of my sweet little Grandmas. Aunts and uncles. Plus good old Mom and Dad are flying in from CO. We leave Thursday and come back Sunday. Yay!!

7 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Can't wait to find out how many are in there! You're hilarious about wanting more than one, I just hoped and prayed both time it was just one baby and luckily I got my wish! So if your baby is the size of a shrimp, mine is probably about the size of a small hump back whale (since you're doing the whole seafood theme) just wait until you get to 37 weeks, my stomach is as hard as a rock!

Carrie S. said...

OMG I almost wet myself. I looked at the ultrasound pictures first (later I realized you advised against that, of course) and was like HOLY CRAP! I SEE TWO HEADS! Wow! I secretly want twins too (when we have kids of course), so I get it! :)

The Strouds said...

I also peed my pants as well Kirsten... don't scare us like that!

I think it would amazing if you are having twins, however, having had just one baby of my own, I don't think I ever want twins. I have a good friend who had twins about a month after Lucy came and she almost went crazy. They both had colic and her hubby was a truck driver, so he was never around much, and I was worried for all of their sanity. I went to help her a few nights and it was crazy tough.

However, that is not going to be your experience of course, so bring it on! I'm am crossing my fingers for you. If you were going to have twins, I personally think that having them first would be nice because then you don't know anything else! I think it would be tough to go from one baby to two at the same time, but that's just me. Can't wait to find out... I'm so excited!

Travis and Jaqui said...

I can't wait to find out!! Hahaha, I am waiting on the edge of my seat... So you haven't gone to the doctor at all yet? hm. When do you find out the sex? Oh what a cute little shrimp. I love shrimp.

the binghams. said...

no, i haven't been at all! they couldn't get me in for FOREVER! But, a week from today.. i am waiting at the edge of my seat too! I think you can usually see the gender between 16-20 weeks.

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

How exciting!!! Oh, I can't wait to find out if you're having one baby or two, or three, or four... hahaha am I scaring you yet?! lol. Btw, I really want to call you, but I think I am holding out until my life is a little more exciting? hahaha. I miss you!!

Julie K said...

So the ultrasounds aren't yours, but what about the quarter and the shrimp? Is ANY of this yours? You are full of lies. You disgust me.