Monday, June 23, 2008

Week 12!



Hi everyone! We had a FABULOUS trip to San Francisco this weekend. It was perfect but I'm going to do the post on that later. For now.. baby news! It is now week 12, otherwise known as THREE MONTHS! (I really like the way that sounds) And the lime-sized baby is looking really good! One interesting fact I read about this week is that our little guy's intestines have grown so fast this week that they are overflowing into the umbilical cord. Isn't that crazy?! 
You will get to see how this little lime has changed my look in the pictures from our trip. Everyone in other states (basically everyone we know :(  has been asking if I'm showing and I think you will see that I definitely  am. I've gained 6 pounds thus far but it not a pretty 6, I can assure you of that! I am wearing almost exclusively maternity clothes. I really didn't have an inch to grow in my old clothes so any weight gain= maternity. I didn't want to buy "fat jeans" and then have to buy maternity a month later so I just bypassed that step. I've been feeling slightly better. Sooooo tired all the time and some lingering morning sickness but I am doing better than before. Thankfully. I forgot to call the doctor today and I'm really mad at myself. Since I couldn't get in for my first appointment till 14 weeks and I am DYING to know if we are having twins, I called to see if there is anyway we could get a sooner date- they said no but if I wanted to call every morning I could come in if there was a cancellation. I was thinking Monday would be a perfect day for people to cancel but I had a billion clients to respond to from our weekend away so I was doing that non stop till noon and then remembered the Dr... too late now. I'm going to set an alarm so this doesn't happen again! The anniversary post to come shortly! 

4 comments:

Hilary said...

ahh the magnificent miracle is beginning to manifest itself...

hehe.

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Maybe you're just bloated. Like I was, when the washing machine repair dude came to the apartment when I was 8 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH CALVIN. Tard.

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

Cute. The pic of the baby looks like an alien keychain... But a cute one..... Or two?

The Strouds said...

Yeah for 12 weeks! You are entering the best part of the journey :)

I did the same thing with maternity clothes- bought them about that time and wore nothing else until about 6 weeks AFTER Lucy was born :) Pretty soon you'll need those special preggo underwears too!