Saturday, June 14, 2008

happy father's day NIC!

I am so lucky that I married you, Nic. You are SO wonderful and I can't begin to tell you (and our faithful blog readers) all the reasons why. But, here is one reason: you are going to be THE BEST DAD. I obviously don't have any pictures of you with our kids (its pretty slimy at this point) but I do have these pictures of you and our nephew Chaz a year ago. I think he was only 6 days old and SO cute!
I had never seen you hold a baby and it was adorable. It made me melt and SOOOOOO excited for you to hold our own kids someday! Its only 6 more months till you will be holding your very own child. Though the pregnancy thus far has not been the best time in my life and I have struggled so much, I am so happy that at the end, we'll have a baby together.
I am completely confident that you will be a great, great dad. You have your own great dad who I love and I am grateful for the good example you've had in your life. I know you aren't excited to change diapers, get puked on, wake up in the middle of the night, feed the baby green beens ECT... I know you will do these things because you are just a really great human. I love you and I am so excited to carry your baby and be parents together! Happy father's day to you, the best future dad in the world!

I know I am a couple of days early.. but I am excited about this weeks baby update (i'll be 11 weeks on Monday) our little papoose is the size of a FIG! I didn't really know how exciting that was until I saw it next to the quarter.
It looks HUGE! Plus, I am including the "how it looks if you are having fraternal twins" shot as well because I totally still think I'm incubating for two.

17 comments:

My Five Little Monkeys said...

So the 3 D one isn't of your's? Too bad. Figs are big. But I bet your baby is cuter than a fig. Those pics of Nic are really adorable. And looks like he already has the "sleeping while holding a baby" thing down. Good for you, sugar.
Does the baby feel low, high or in the middle? I'll see if I can diagnose twins through blog comments. Heck, mine were diagnosed by a doctor looking down my throat when I was 12 weeks. How hard can it be?

the binghams. said...

Maybe i should have explained that... no, that baby isn't ours. We won't see it for another 3 weeks.
Hmmm.. I don't know where the baby (ies) are. I think in the middle...but it could be high or low and i'm just indecisive. see you soon sista.

the binghams. said...

oh, and i forgot to tell you.. we've netflix-ed (a verb) 30 rock so we can finally be cool to you. we'll hopefully get the first season watched before we see you so we can talk exclusively in quotes from the office, 30 rock and juno

Jaquilyn Shumate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaquilyn Shumate said...

So cute! Figs are cute, but I agree- babies are way cuter. Also, 30 rock is the best show!!!! [along with CURB, Arrested Development and LOST!!] We watched the 1st season a few weeks ago [30rock]. I loved it! Also, remember when Travis said you reminded him of Tina Fey?! Best compliment ever!!!! ;)
ps. sorry for being weird and joining on the comment conversation.. lol.

Ashley Wray said...

You're so cute! And yes, 30 Rock is hilarious, especially if you're an Offive Arrested Development type of girl :) And yay for figs, and maybe 2 of them? I was SOOO paranoid that this pregnancy was going to be twins, but it is just one, like we wanted :) Can't wait to find out if your motherly intution is right!

Ashley Wray said...

And by Offive, I mean the Office of course. I made the same typo as Michael in that episode where he's typing things to make the computer talk to Pam and Jim...wow, I amaze myself!

the binghams. said...

i love you long, tim.
long time.

Julie K said...

I am so pleased to hear that your cool friends like 30 Rock. It is superior. What great collective taste you all have! And now that I think about it, I can't remember where my babies hung out in utero, but I do remember it was very distinct and noticable. Just not memorable, apparently.
So I think the first season starts out a bit slow, but just stick with it, it'll find it's groove.

s.s. bazodi said...

BABY BING! ha ha how cute. I am glad you commented on my post. I quit the bean. drama drama drama. ha ha ha. I still stop by though and will give them your baby update. when do you get back to rexburg??

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

"Live every week like it's shark week!!!"

or, "I like 'it' so much I wanna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!"
[fill in the word 'it' with anything you'd like]

Just a few of my favorite quotes from Tracy Jordan played by Tracy Morgan of 30 rock.
Glad to hear you have a cool older sister. [Even though I already figured she was cool.]

;)

We are David, Shauna, Clark and Dali said...

Dave totally has nics shirt!!! Twinners. thats crazy that you can already see the baby!! how exiting!! We miss you guys. Are apartment complex is so dreary now and i'm not a fan. you and the shumats need to come back to us, pronto.

Carrie S. said...

You think you're having twins? You need to fill me in...and we need to hang out soon. But, I know you're feeling nastay...:)

Ceci and Steven said...

Oh my goodness, you're quite the blogger, check out all the comments!! =) I love your blog..you and your creative, whitty comments! I'm glad I can keep track of you three too!! So keep those updates coming, there are people relying on them!! Love you Too Kirsten!!

Julie K said...

15 comments? Isn't that a bit over the top? Aren't you embarrassed? Me, I'm just jealous :)
What if it's triplets Kirsten? Or quads? What if instead of a baby, you are having a litter of puppies? That would be weird. I say be prepared for anything.

the binghams. said...

I am so embarrassed by all the comments that I just had to make it 16. oh... thats the only way I would be sad- if we were having puppies. I don't like dogs.

Megan said...

I love how you want twins so bad! Good luck on that! Oh a baby fig sounds so cute and mini...and knowing how you like all things mini its extra exciting!