Friday, June 20, 2008

pillowcase swap


Over 3 and 1/2 years ago, Nic left for his mission in Ohio. I was very happy, but quite crushed. At that point, we swapped pillowcases, I guess so we could "sleep together" every night. I had a cute stripey one and Nic had, well, I loving refer to it as 80's cowboy. It was from the bed set he had had for basically his whole life. Maybe at some point it was cool. Maybe. So when we got married, it was kind of funny to see our old pillowcases again but we still used each others. Kind of romantic, right? Well, then my old pillowcase started to spontaneously explode. I really don't know what happened to it. I had a horrible pillow I was using so I finally got a new one about a month ago. But, what I REALLY wanted was Nic's pillow. He really liked the new one I bought and so we switched, yet again, this time pillows. So now, I was sleeping on Nic's great pillow but my ratty-tatty pillowcase. He was back to the 80's but with a new pillow. This is seeming to be a very complicated post. The point of all this is, I broke down and bought us pillowcases today! They match, are 300 thread count and cost a whole $4 at Ross. I don't know why I didn't just do that earlier! I was waking up every morning to bigger and bigger holes in the pillowcase and it was pretty much not awesome. I'll let you know how these new pillowcases change our lives.
Its our anniversary this weekend! We are leaving for San Francisco early in the day tomorrow and spending the night in a swanky hotel. I'd share more details but Nic planned V-day and I've got our anniversary so I'll post more when we get back to keep up the level of suspense!

5 comments:

The Strouds said...

That is a cute idea to switch pillowcases... I'm sure it helped you through a few nights! New sheets are so relaxing though. Have fun in San Fran... I've never been!

Julie K said...

Ahh, Ratty Tatty. Haven't heard that in a while.

Ashley Wray said...

Such a cute idea, Andrew and I should have done that! Yay for new bedding, especially if it's only $4! Have so much fun on your anniversay getaway, the last one before you have to get a babysitter!

Megan said...

Yay your one year anniversay!

Hilary said...

Dude, Ross is the BEST. I just got super nice new sheets from there.

Congrats on one year!