Monday, June 9, 2008

ashley. smashly. hole. birthday girl. wom. bff.


Today is Ashley's 24th birthday! I have so many fond memories with this, my oldest friend. I met Ashley on my first day of 4th grade in Colorado. I was wearing a fabulous outfit and thats probably what first attracted her to be my friend. I remember it was a goldenrod cardigan with a white turtleneck under it and either my navy trousers or my oh-so-matchy golden skirt. Either way, I was probably sporting some penny loafers that were my mom's and too big for me, but when its the early 90's and you wear 2 pairs of socks to be cool, its ok if your shoes are oversized. I also had a purple splatter paint backpack that my mom had longingly puffy-painted KIRSTEN on. Ashley and I were instant best friends. She loved gymnastics, I loved gymnastics. (though I was never the state champion like she ended up being) She got pizza lunch on fridays. me too. She loved trolls and jacks and I was all about them. We even had crushes on a set of twins, tanner and tyson. I think I would have totally hated moving to Colorado if I hadn't found Ashley. She is just so fun. She has this great laugh that makes everyone else laugh. She is crazy but a REALLLLLLY good person so her craziness doesn't get the best of her :) We stayed best friends all through middle school and high school. She went to college at CU so I went to see her a lot while I was on breaks from school but now she lives in Seattle so seeing her doesn't happen as much. All 6 of us were together in December for Melissa's wedding in Denver. It was so fun (and a bit annoying for our spouses, i'm sure :) to be with my girls. I am so happy to know you, ashley rose. You are fabulous and I am so glad that we will always be friends. Happy birthday!!!

3 comments:

The Strouds said...

Happy Birthday to Ashley! What a great tribute Kirsten... good times. I think i scared Chris at little with our craziness at Christmas, but I still loved it.

the binghams. said...

I know Nic was freaked out.. I loved it!!!

Ashley said...

i feel like we were even subdued at christmas time, i mean in comparison to our 16-year-old selves.

i guess the Lord had a plan in not allowing you guys to meet your spouses until our annoying sides became more subtle.


Just kidding, They would have loved you, even then.

ummmm

you were wearing the golden skirt.

and i thought you had a red backpack from denmark or something.

i love you!!!