Monday, June 9, 2008

your baby has finger nails




correction.. our baby has finger nails! And now it is the size of a kumquat (pretty big huh?) A lesser known fruit that we used to have growing in our backyard when I was a kid. I just remember having rotten kumquats thrown at me. I love you, Kjell.
Apparently this week our baby is swallowing fluid (sounds a little sick) and "kicking up a storm" but I won't be able to feel that for weeks to come. We've now moved on from an embryo to a fetus which I must say is very exciting. Less exciting.. still feeling gross everyday. Its mostly after I eat- for about 3 hours- which mostly means its all day :) Then, at about 11 pm its totally down hill from there. Saturday night we were bowling at 11 ($32 for the two of us to bowl two games.. a little disturbing) and it totally hit me at like 10:42. I knew it was coming and I didn't like it one little bit. In other news... I started that sentence but now "other news" is not coming to me. Oh! Nic and I almost always give each other holiday presents early. We are not the best waiters. So, whenever we buy the gifts we give them to each other! On Saturday I got Nic's gift and just couldn't wait to give it to him. I wanted to give him something for Father's day that we could use to have memories with our kids. So I got him a... T E N T! This gift really has double meaning, it means: here is a tent. And also- I WILL GO CAMPING. I am admittedly not a happy camper. I just don't see a lot of appeal in not getting a good nights sleep, feeling icky, smelly, sticky and gross, eating stuff like "chili" (never) It just isn't me. But, I never had camping memories as a child (thanks to my brother Matt who ate a lot of sand while camping as a child) so they never went ever again. That was about 25 years ago. My first camping experience was girls camp at age 12. I loved it (I am not exactly sure when the loathing started, i just know thats how i've felt for some time now) and wished that I could have gone with my family growing up. In an attempt to make awesome memories with our kids (which I will faithfully document through scrapbook, blog and any other means I can get my hands on) I decided to give in to my new Idaho roots and be a camper! Nic was way happy and that makes me the happiest wife around. Happy Father's day my love! You are going to make the best dad ever.

7 comments:

Cali said...

You can leave the Tetons, but the Tetons don't ever leave you, huh? I've found camping trips have made for wonderful scrapbooking opportunities.
Cali

Emily Kate said...

Your baby's gonna scratch your vag on the way out!

Julie K said...

How did I miss this one? You buried it under the Ashley post. I am happy for you and your little kumquat. Hey! There is a name! We saw Baby Mama the other night at the dollar, (it was pretty funny) and at one point this random mom on screen calls to her two children: Banjo! Wingspan! We're leaving!
So there are three perfectly useful names. Kumquat, Banjo and Wingspan. Also consider Hat and Bookcase.

the binghams. said...

from the girl who wanted to name Sid: BLUE

Julie K said...

Hey, it was cool...once...I think.

We are David, Shauna, Clark and Dali said...

BINGHAMS!!!! We miss you guys. Thats awesome about the baby thing. Congrats. We are still eating the food you gave us when you left, put some almonds in a salad last night. Amazing!!

Megan said...

Camping? I would never have suspected a tent...but I have had the best memories camping with my family! Kenny and I have gone once since we were married...but after his 6-week long field camp I don't think we will be going anytime soon.