Monday, July 7, 2008

FOURTEEN, 14, 4teen weeks!!!!



Ok, I won't scare you all with fake ultrasound pictures this week.. though I do find it amusing how many of you openly admitted to nearly wetting yourself when you saw an ultrasound of twins! But, tomorrow is THE BIG DAY! We are going to the doctor at 2 and will hopefully have our OWN ultrasound to post then! No, we can't find out the sex yet (thats between 16-20 weeks) so hopefully at our next appointment. Last week I guess I filled you with a few lies... maybe that wasn't my uterus I was feeling right at my belly button. My sister felt me this weekend and called that "squish" (sad...) and that she could feel it lower. But, she did think it still seemed a little high (fingers crossed!) No, I won't be disappointed if we are having a singleton (i use that term as often as I can, its awesome) but I am just really, really, really hoping! My morning sickness is letting up which is nice but now my headaches are back and maybe even worse. I am currently suffering with one and its really all I can think about! Also, as of late, I've almost completely lost my mind! I keep on messing up orders for clients. Just totally forgetting stuff... for example all of our invitations are named and someone will email me and tell me they want the Mia invitation and I will just so ahead and customize their invite with the Melissa design. this actually worked out well once when a couple picked the mistake design over the one they thought they wanted. But, it is embarrassing! I am usually VERY on top of things. Nic is always thinking our cable or phones are going to get shut off or that our insurance is canceled and then is amazed that I actually remember to pay each bill every month! (its great that he thinks I am so bitchin) and though I haven't started forgetting the bills yet I am really hating becoming forgetful! Other crazy side-effects of pregnancy I have noticed:

-- my eyes are not as awesome as they once were. I have over 20/20 vision but lately when Nic and I have been in the car together he can see signs better than me! He has contacts, of course, but usually my regular eyes were better than contact eyes. It's weird.

--Almost every little baby hair that is growing in is coming in all CRAZY! Super tight curl, really light or really black, wirey and just weird... Its like white hair texture on my regular hair. but, super fine. I am chalking this one up to the baby also.

-- I am getting fat. I know this may seem like a strange side effect when one has a lemon (or two..) in their tummy but yes, for some reason, I am getting a belly. I am not positive, but I think this one is linked to pregnancy for sure.

-- I am VERY emotional. This is going to come to quite a shock to all who know me... Ok.. not really. I am never very unemotional, but let me assure you, the hormones are changing me. Its like I'm a teenager again. I've cried over random little things and sometimes I can't stop laughing (i'm not going to lie, this is more rare than the crying over random things) but either way, its strange. I don't really look like myself OR feel like myself.

I guess thats the thing, I am no longer just MYSELF! I am me PLUS our baby! It really is a miracle. I am so excited for us to hear the heartbeat tomorrow and have my belly slathered in gooo. Less excited for hands/fingers where they don't belong and the whole idea of someone I just met down there in that region. I am excited to fill you in! Check back tomorrow!!!
Also, I'll post about our trip to Bakersfield and Southern California tomorrow! It was great and it makes me sad to be back at home... I miss being with Nic all day and it was so fun to be with my family. I love them so much and hate not living near anyone.


ps- our baby learned how to squint, grimace and pee this week!

7 comments:

Julie K said...

Oh the peeing trick goes on and on. I think my 12 1/2 year old can still muster a good pee incident. And I'm the one that grimaces.
Just you wait, little missy, the problems are so much more pronounced the further you get in this journey. I can honestly say the only thing I get out of pregnancy that is good is a baby. Not one other good thing.
Oh! You have to go to Ken and Katie's blog and read their birth story! Amazing! And horrifying! You'll love it!
Miss you too. My kids were so sad you and Nic didn't make it "uptown" to the fire works with us. They missed you! I miss you too.

Ashley Wray said...

Can't wait to check your blog tomorrow and see how it went! Trust me, by the time you've been poked and prodded so many times in that region, at the end, it's like secind nature to have your feet in the stirrups! Anyways, good luck and I'm glad that you had a fun week with family!

Emily said...

good luck with singleton or little twinners (I thought you would like that one!!) love you...

Travis and Jaqui said...

Good luck! I can't wait! You look adorable pregnant btw.. That's funny that the little babe[s] can grimace now!

The Strouds said...

My sense of smell really kicked up in that first trimester... Are you having that? It wasn't much fun since almost every smell made me want to puke. I just remember that was weird though.

And preggo brain is totally normal... and sadly doesn't go away much even after baby is born.

CANNOT WAIT to find out how many there are!

Hilary said...

I love reading your posts. I'm excited for the news too! Hopefully you'll get used to the cooter probing soon. Hahaha...

A lemon! Dang.

Carrie S. said...

So, as a fellow twin aspirer..I am seriously SO excited for you to find out today...GOOD LUCK! Either way you and Nic are awesome parents already. Oh, and we missed you at church and we need to hang out. Okay, bye. :)