Monday, July 28, 2008

17 weeks and no ultrasound


17 weeks! I've never liked turnips till now... now, I love them!
I can't believe our baby is already 5 inches long (and its crazy to think it will be about 4 times this long when it is born!) I remember posting about our little blueberry and in some ways that seems like a long time ago but in other ways, its gone really fast. So our doctor has had a family emergency and so we won't have another appointment with her before we move back to Idaho. I'm sad! Dr. Larson was really great and easy going and didn't think I was crazy for thinking we were having twins! But, she is out of the office until September so we don't get to see her again. They called to tell us that we would now have a nurse doing our "15 min" check up and I was like... HOLD UP... we were supposed to have our ultrasound at this appointment! And after a lot of excuses the bottom line is even though Dr. Larson TOLD us we were doing an ultrasound at our Aug. 7th appointment she didn't WRITE IT DOWN. And since she is unreachable, they won't do an ultrasound. We are SOOOOO SAD! We were SO excited to see what variety of baby we are having! I'm looking around at 3d/4d ultrasound places and found one in Yuba City. I might call tomorrow to see when they could get us in. I know that ideally you should be further along so you can really see the baby... but we really just want the sex at this point. (thats what she said...)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Um, I don't understand what you said on my comment about the house. "I hope we get to step during your wedding weekend! May we?" If you are asking to stop by the wedding weekend, then YES YES YES!! We are having to rehearsal dinner in the backyard, so you will both be there, or be square(d). I had to make it plural! I love your turnip and the "that's what she said" joke. Always a classic!!! love you too!!!

Carrie S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie S. said...

Lol..."that's what she said"...oh the Office and your baby is amazing...when do you go back to Idaho? We need to hang out! I have had no life this summer. Stupid anatomy.

Julie K said...

Bummer! I have been curious about your ultrasound too. You know what I think it is...but still it will be so exciting for you guys to see your little peanut again. My little peanut keeps telling me "You in trouuuuuuuble, Bud." He says it like he is so sad to have to inform me of this. Regretfully, I guess. Also, he says "You getta spank." And then he hits me with a swim noodle.

Adrienne said...

Oh, I'm still laughing over the sex remark. Thank you, Agent Michael Starn, in Operation Midnight. I would have FREAKED. I get way to hyped about things in my life like, oh say, a trip to McDonald's, so something like an ULTRASOUND going awry would unleash my inner hulk. Hopefully you can get a view of your tuber soon!

the binghams. said...

Oh it did Addie- I was pretty much a Bi... on the phone with the poor receptionist at the DR. She was not even nice though, even bore I started freaking out about my lack of ultrasound. Not a very good staff at the office.