Thursday, July 24, 2008

a little bit of everything



I have yet to do the baby update of the week and at this point in the week I usually round up and say that I am another week further along (event though that doesn't happen officially till Monday) but this is our baby at 16 weeks! Well, not our baby- our baby is a human and this is an avocado but they are about the same size.

Last week I had the car and made a trek to target. I just like to look... and buy stuff. As I was in line, I spotted these tasty treats. I have been really wanting some sweetbread. Like coffee cake.. banana bread... pumpkin bread. something. but, i don't have bread pans to make my own here in CA and I know if I buy a loaf, I will def. eat the whole thing by myself. Not good. So, when I found mini coffee cakes that were 100 calories.. i was sold! They looked SOOOO good on the box. Then I opened it up and this is what I found:



I decided to take a picture of the accurately named "MINI" cake next to a quarter just like our baby update pictures, just for some perspective.
They were tasty though.. and I did eat the whole thing but i think thats OK because it was so very small.

BYU-I is stepping it up and requiring each student to have a laptop this fall. We prefer desktops since the design/photography work we do lends well to our huge 24-inch and 20-inch Imacs. So, when we needed laptops we wanted to get old ones to basically just get us through the school requirement but not be our full-time use computers. After finding a great deal on craigslist we picked up 2 apple powerbook g-4's yesterday. they are a little old and "well loved" we'll say... but they will do the job and we are excited!




We met at starbucks. Well, not at the same starbucks but they were across the street from each other. i was on my mac.. she was on her mac.

6 comments:

Jacob said...

My Alma Matter is becoming a bit snobby requiring computers don't ya think? Maybe I should donate to the legacy fund now since they've been sending me mail for it since graduation. I'm gonna feel like dirt if some RM kid can't attend school cause he can't afford a computer but some kid in Africa or Guatemala is typing away on his $100 laptop.

I have issues with such requirements...

You guys should get matching Alienware's next time!

Julie K said...

Busy Bee!
J. Crew
Soup
Suicide hotline
Kimonos
God loves a terrier

Your human avocado is precious.
My avocado dip today was delicious. I hope that is not offensive to you. I had no idea...

Adrienne said...

AUGH! You love Best in Show. Oh my crap. I was going to leave a J Crew comment, but julie the donut beat me to it. Every time derek and I priceline a hotel, we joke they're going to clear out the janitor closet for us. YOU ARE AWESOME.

Kim Ryden said...

I just wanted to say that I love your blog! I stumbled upon it and can't stop reading it! :)

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

I love that movie. Too bad you don't have braces and an ugly dog. lol.

Dog people are so weird.

the binghams. said...

haha i googled alienwares and wow, youre right jacob haha i think one of my friends had one of those desktops years ago it had blue lights flying out of it.