Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A singleton! And one big uterus!


Yes! We are having just one little papoose! So... we go to the OB today and I am SOOOOO incredibly nervous. I was freaking out. Nic helped to calm my nerves but I was pretty stressed about the exam portion and wanting a healthy baby. Once we get in and meet Doctor Larson I felt better- she was way nice and laid back and totally understood that I didn't want to be prodded and poked and did her job as fast as she could. Then she felt my stomach for my uterus. I had already asked her if we were having an ultrasound today and she said no. And I said- well, if I was pregnant with twins would you be able to tell today and she said yes. So, she feels my uterus and was like: Wow! You are either 5 weeks further along than you thought or you are having multiples, lets get you in to have an ultrasound. So.. we were excited and I was thinking: I was right!!! And the dr. even said: let's go take a look at "them" and we were off to the ultrasound room. I had a vaginal ultrasound. Pretty gross but as soon as it came up on the screen- there it was, our little baby! Just one! and our doctor was pretty shocked to see that it was a 14 week baby and that there wasn't any cysts or growths that were causing my uterus to measure so big. Apparently I am just fat. But, we got to hear the heart beat and see our little one and it was so exciting! We could see it really well on the screen (she said she couldn't get a good in between the leg shot so no sex yet) but when she went to take the picture it was at like the most unclear point. I can't figure out how to label the ultrasound but i put arrows in and from the top to the bottom it is the head, hand, body and leg/feet. hopefully you can see it :)
yay!

9 comments:

Hilary said...

Coooooool! That's so awesome that you got a picture and got to SEE what's going on in there. That's so exciting.

I bet your big uterus is just adorable :)

Emily said...

I was waiting all day to hear the news!! Congrats and I can't wait to hear more about Singleton Bingham!!

Emily Kate said...

You have a living thing growing inside you!! Weird! It looks adorable. Congrats on the big uterus! You should be proud!!

:)

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

Yay!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! I bet it's a gorgeous little fetus. ;)

My Five Little Monkeys said...

After studying the pic I have come to the conclusion that you are have a Cinnamon Bear. Or a Beanie Baby. I can't wait until Archuletta gets here! Archie is an ADORABLE NAME!! Even though I voted Cook, BTW.

the binghams. said...

stop giving away our good names Julie!

Ashley Wray said...

Congrats! What a cute little blob! Kidding, you really can see the arms legs etc! Well I'm all for having 1 at a time, maybe next you'll get triplets to make up for it! Isn't it such a relief to see the baby, that everything is healthy and hear the heartbeat! Love it!

The Strouds said...

YEAHH!!! I've been checking your blog ALL day. Yes, I am a stalker.

Just think of that nice home you are providing with the big uterus. Its ok. At 34 weeks I was measuring at 42 cm. You are suppose to measure your weeks plus or minus a couple. The docs were a little freaked by that also. It's fun being in the big uterus club!

Julie K said...

There! Happy now? I just lost 25 minutes of sleep chronicling Horrible Horrible Mother!