Monday, July 21, 2008

Feist. breakfast for dinner. waterslides.

Hello! I feel like its been awhile since I scammed all of our friends into reading my super long 8 things post and then making them take even more time to fill it out on their own. I've enjoyed reading every one of them. thank you!

I'll start out with this weekend. It was AMAZING!
It was my turn to plan date night this week and since we only have a few weeks left in CA we want to make every weekend super bitchin because the weekend is really the only time we have to do anything other than work, sleep, eat lunch and dinner and a few hours of TV :)

We have seen a few commercials for a waterpark in Roseville (about 40 minutes away and basically where we go every weekend it seems, its a good place) that does this thing called: NightSlides on the weekends where you can go to the waterpark at night and they say: its more fun after dark! Well, I was SOLD! While Nic was still at work I was on hold for 30 minutes with the park trying to figure out if it was actually dangerous in my pregnant state or if they just say that to avoid being sued. They never got to my phone call so we decided to go anyway. No stranger would guess that I'm pregnant and I knew if we stuck to rides with 2-man tubes that i would feel safe and not like a neglectful mom. So we go and get there are 9. 2 hours for waterpark madness. I thought, this will be cool because there won't be any lines... oh wow.. I was so wrong. The lines were SOOOOOO long. We finally got up to our first ride and they said: heaviest one in the back and I blurted out: THAT'S ME! Because I'm PREGNANT. Nic promptly gave me the death eyes. And they were all like: wait... you're pregnant. My response: "Just a little! (sorry baby) and they went on to tell me that they recommend that I don't but ultimately said the choice was up to me. We went. Don't judge me! I feel kind of bad even writing this but I knew nothing could happen, and it didn't, it was really scary but really fun. I never think before I speak... it is perhaps my number-one flaw on a long list of others. This is something I am really trying to work on, especially after the " That's me! I'm pregnant!" incident. Nic wanted to go on this really freaky no-tube ride and I opted out. First of all.. I thought it was WAY too scary and second of all, I didn't have that tube protection that made it possible for me to rationalize the first ride. Nic loved it and it was fun to watch him. At that point it was 10:55 and we had paid $40 for 1 ride for me, 2 for him. We went into the wave pool for the last 5 minutes until they announced: the park, as well as the restrooms are now closed. They closed the RESTROOMS?!?! Thats death to a pregnant woman.... and her husband too if you also forgot to bring towels (and there is no sun to dry you at 11 pm, even though it was 90 degrees. so, we were super cold and wet and drove home with our wet swimsuits sticking to our bodies and the leather seats. 45 minutes of bliss ;)

Then... Saturday! After Nic worked in the morning (and we went to lunch at a yummy little thai place) we left around 5 for San Francisco. We bought tickets for Feist in Berkeley a few months ago and have been so excited for it! She did not disappoint. It was an AMAZING show. A couple of cons- we almost completely forgot that though we only live about 90 miles away and it never cools down here, the bay area is FREEZING and it was an outdoor show. Nic brought a sweatshirt and I brought a sweater. My extra body weight helped in keeping me warm but Nic's teeth were chattering all night, I felt bad. Also, we left too late to eat dinner before we got there and we were both STARVING. Standing on cement for 3 hours didn't help either- my legs have never felt that way before and I hope they never will again. But, the music and ambiance was well worth any cons. It was fabulous. I found this clip on youtube of the show- its just a little bit but at first she was talking about this guy holding up his ipod and how it was freaking her out and then she gets into a little 1,2,3,4. Delightful. She was a great entertainer and we loved it. The opening band, the golden dogs were a treat as well.





After a freaky midnight dinner at dennys in oakland (they had 2 security guards there which was just a little unsettling) we went to San Francisco to stay with my friend Nikki Ricks. We served together at the visitors center and she got home a few months ago. She is so great. So were her roomates and we LOVED their little apartment right off Market. It was so fun. We went to church with them yesterday and spent the greater part of the morning/afternoon sitting in sharing time in primary while all the parents/teachers went to a meeting about the church's stance on gay marriage in california (since there will be a re-vote or something soon) it was so fun! Then they invited a few people over for breakfast for dinner and that also was really fun.. and delicious. Nikki is great and I was so happy to see her again and finally have Nic meet her too. Her and friend Tiffany made this video and i LOVE it! enjoy our friends at their finest:


Now we are back to monday morning which is a little depressing. I just loved the weekend of fun and the work week is kind of blah in comparison.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

that video is way cute.

so my mom told me (rebelliously) that she went on waterslides when she was pregnant with me. and i turned out okay. right?! i think you're fine and i don't understand what could be so wrong with a waterslide. pretty smooth ride–just fast.

glad you had such a super fun weekend!

JohnandMyrica said...

Hi binghams! I was excited to find your blog and see how you're doing and how the new little one is coming along. It totally takes me back to last summer when I was at the same stage as you are and I am SO excited for you guys to have a little kiddo. They are so much fun, and totally worth feeling like crap for nine months! You guys are gonna be amazing parents! Speaking of amazing parents, I should probably go pick up my kid who is screaming his head off at the moment. :)

The Strouds said...

Sometimes its no fun to be preggo. Right after I found out I was preggo I got to go to Anaheim, CA for a business trip. I asked the OB about the ride/preggo thing and he pretty much said no. I was super bummed. I could have gone anyway, and would have if I wasn't still puking all the time, but oh well. I'm glad you went on the rides!

Ceci and Steven said...

Oh my gosh...this post made me LAUGH (the you saying you were prego part along with the Closed restroom followed by the car ride part!!) And then I cried when I saw Nikki Ricks, because let's be honest, I LOVE HER!! And I love you my little Pregnant friend!! =)

Julie K said...

Sorry I have been the worst sister ever and came late to the little comment party. Yesterday was crapola, and Pie was on the computer all day. Something about "work". Huh! This post made me laugh and I love the video of your friends. WHat were they auditioning for? ANyway, yes, you are a blabber mouth. So am I, just not as bad as you :)

the binghams. said...

they were trying out for this temp job making $40 an hour doing karaoke in a van driving around san francisco and getting other people to join in. they were told they had to be "outgoing and attractive" (so they didn't shower before making the film.. haha...)

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

We love feist! Aren't you glad we made you cds?
Our friends Melissa & Adrian rode a train from Seattle to Berkley to go to the same show!