Tuesday, July 15, 2008

8 things

I have reached a new level of boredom and Heather tagged me and because I like her, and because of the new level of boredom, here it is:
It really isn't as long as it seems... I promise.

8 Things I Am Passionate About
1. NIC


2. Family, I REALLY wish I got to see my family more. it hurts my heart.

3. The Gospel of Jesus Christ

4. Eating dinner while its HOT. I'm always saying "can we pray? I don't want to have to reheat this." I'm sure this is an adorable trait of mine that makes Nic fall more and more in love with me at every meal.

5. responding to client emails/requests at a freakish speed. I bet they think I have an iphone and that I am notified that I got a new email. Nope, I just check one billion times per day so i can respond super quick in my feeble attempt to make brides happy
(its a shot in the dark, really)

6. things that are aesthetically pleasing be it design (hopefully my own... sometimes :), photography, art, interior design, culinary art ECT. I really like things to be
pretty but in an unexpected way.

7. watching "my shows" all of which right now (i'm thinking because its the summer and the old standbys of Lost, the office and 30 rock aren't new) involves shows where someone is eliminated every week namely: design star, america's next best dance crew (or ABDC as AC Slater likes to call it) and the next food network star. I'll let you know right now (so i can have proof that I called it..) I want Jennifer or Matt to win design star, Super crew (cr3w, thats for you, Nic) to win ABDC and Lisa to win the food one. I didn't really like Kelsey but I felt like I had to route for the Mormon so I feel relieved that she got kicked off because I really do like Lisa the best. wow... see, I am passionate about this.

8. colorado. I am blessed because a lot of people hate where they grew up, I, on the otherhand LOVE it and Nic thinks I am bratty about it... but I call it "passion"
beautiful denver. city i love.

8 Books I Have Read And Enjoyed
(can this be episodes I watched today? Ok... I'll do the books)
1. any of the standard works
2. preach my gospel (its a manual... but its really long and I read it everyday for 18 months so I am going to say that counts as a book)
3. I am reading right now a girl named zippy which i borrowed from my Nana and plan on returning upon completion, I promise. Its quite enjoyable and i would recommend it.
4. the secret life of bees

5. everyone poops
6. the great divorce by cs lewis (not a book on marriage... and no, i don't think divorce is "great") its about heaven and hell and I got all excited because they were talking about it in Gospel Doctrine on Sunday and I was like: I've read that! Thanks dave the shauna.. they slid it under our door one night.

7. in middle school my favorite book was the giver. so i'm going to say its still good because I really enjoyed it then.
8. This book about a mouse (julie, help me out.. I know you know the name) that is also from my Nana's library. I used to always read it when I stayed there and its just a delightful tail.


8 Words/Phrases I Say Often
1. I love you (i think it might be safe to say that we say this more to each other than any other couple, ever. I am sure you love your spouse just as much as we love each other, don't get me wrong, but we do say it A LOT which I love :)
2. I have a headache.
3. I don't "say" this but I type it at least 30 times a day in emails to clients: Thanks so much- Nic and Kirsten @ evapaul. (i have a REALLY hard time typing Nic and not
following it with the word "and"

4. today its: I really want a house (lending DRAMA.. I'll fill you in later)
5. pretty, pretty good (a la Larry David)
6. I ate too much (i never know i'm full till its WAYYYY too late, its a problem)

(this is probably the only time i didn't eat TOO much. this is at our wedding luncheon and then we were off to our hotel room.... i was a bit nervous/don't want to look fat at that point)

7. good luck (nic sells stuff)
8. I’m Hungry. (this was Heather's #8 but I find it appropriate to, its often directly followed by common phrase #6)


8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die (in no particular order)
1. own a house. something to call OUR OWN! never be in debt for things we don't really need to survive. have food storage. live providently.
2. have kids. (well on our way!)
3. watch evapaul grow to something we are proud of and can live off of. we do currently live off it but i hope to have it grow a lot more and maybe have a real brick and mortar store someday.

4. travel. there is so much of this planet that i want to see.

5. graduate with my bachelor's degree

6. make nic happy everyday
7. never be, dress like, drive like, talk like a "boring mom"

8. live comfortably but not extravagantly



8 Things I Learned This Past Year
1. how to start our own business together and what we need to do to help it grow
2. so much about Nic. i thought i REALLY, really knew him but i do learn something (and its never bad... its just new) everyday. Like yesterday he came home wearing white socks that he had just bought. i have never seen him buy (or wear) white socks before. that is something he is passionate about (or has been for the past 4 years i've known him) but he surprised me yesterday. way to keep me on my toes, honey.
3. that i really want to live near my family. i really miss them. i miss my sister. my nieces and nephews and everyone.

4. marriage is work but its the greatest and most rewarding job,
even though its not always easy

5. its really hard to be a missionary once you aren't a fulltime missionary
6. i've found what i really love to do and want to do it forever
7. patience is the stupidest and worst virtue ever. just kidding...
i just need it and don't have any, AT ALL.

8. a lot about babies and pregnancy (but i am sure next year at this time i will think:
i knew nothing!)
*up to this point it was all questions from Heather's blog but I am making up a few of my own:

8 places I want to see
1. new york
2. italy
3. denmark and norway
4. costa rica
5. thailand
6. boston
7. london
8. lone tree, colorado (i've seen it... i just want to see it again :)

8 things I miss
1. nic when he is working
2. being in school
3. my friends from high school. i love you girls.
(plus ashley and leslie, of course. this was from my bridal shower)
4. living near the beach (before CO we lived in southern california till i was 9 and visiting it a few weeks ago made me miss it!)
5. family

6. the people i met/taught on my mission and the christmas lights/easter pageant at the mesa temples visitors center.

this is sister kata who is from an island in micronesia. i will probably never see her again.. but we had fun together. Below is the fabulous annual easter pageant. they set up 10,000 chairs (in one day, its really entertaining to watch) on the lawn and build a 5 story stage (this part takes a few months..) but, its great and I REALLY want to take nic to it. maybe this Easter. who knows.
7. cheap gas prices
8. my old clothes, this new body is cool because in the end we get a baby.. but i look really different and that feels weird.


8 things I currently want/need
1. no shock on #1... A HOUSE!
2. a car. we love the volvo but we have to say goodbye.
3. an iphone. i want the 16g white on to be white on the front where its not screen (its just white on the back and black still on the front, i want white everywhere.)
4. for mac to come out with the macbook air PRO and for us each to have one :)
5. a bugaboo (its an awesome stroller that is really expensive but super bitchin

6. a vacation, somewhere tropical with my lover before 2 turns into 3

7. to know what type of child we are having!

8. a professional printer so we don't have to go through our current printer anymore.. we want to do everything ourselves but we're not exactly sure how to do it.


8 People I Want To Tag
(you know I never tag people because i'm all about agency. till now..
this is more than a friendly tag, its a demand. i love you, now fill it out :)
1. julie
2. errin

3. jaqui
4. adrienne
5. megan

6. shauna

7. emily barrett and stephenson. (it counts as one, trust me)
8. janell because i want you to start a blog!
OHHH.. i have too many people I want to tag. Leslie, Hilary and Maddy

8 comments:

Julie K said...

You are a liar. That was long. But nice and long. I'll get around to it. I will. Bad Mousie.
Wuv,
Me

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

Julie was right, it was long. But I did it, and it successfully wasted a lot of time, so thanks.

Hilary said...

i wanted to comment on like every line you wrote. probably a sign we need to hang out some day. and are you allowed to tag that many people? haha.

k, just a couple things i wanted to say...

Kelsey was my sister's room mate a few years ago. Cool huh? I've never watched the show though.

Also, we like to say "Pret-ty pret-ty pretty good" too. Don't tell my in-laws we watch curb your enthusiasm though. AJ feels this huge need to conceal the part of our identities that watch rated R things. first, like they'd be surprised. second, what are they gonna do about it? crazy kid.

have you seen my freak book flair on facebook? hahaha...

Adrienne said...

Loved it!! I don't think it's possible for you to ever become a "boring mom", even if you thought about it and tried really hard...um. Nope.

The Strouds said...

Glad I got the little comment under the picture of the girls! I was about to be sad! I hope you move back to wonderful CO. I love it here even more than I thought I would. And I'm horrified that you might want to live in Idaho and then SLC? COME ON! Come back to the ranch!

I've never been tagged before, so you know I'm going to do it :)

the binghams. said...

yeah, costa rica IS by the beach.....all day, while making it affordable to fly home more often than we do at the present.
-love NIC

Julie K said...

Well, I gladly gave up an hour of quality house-chore time to answer your tag challenge. No time for pictures but hopefully it'll do.
Love you, even though you weren't specifically mentioned in the body of the text. But you got the shout outs at the beginning and the end, Princess!

Travis and Jaqui said...

There you go! I finally did it! Happy now? It took me forever! hahahaa.