Tuesday, February 3, 2009

winger's sauce.


we love wingers. the amazing sauce is freaking amazing- i love it.
so, i was THRILLED yesterday at the bingham/long super bowl extravaganza when Missy told us how to make it: (and thrilled how easy it is too...)

3 cups brown sugar
1 jar franks red hot sauce (i bought this at walmart today for like $1.65)

combine on stove (i did over medium heat for about 10 minutes)

it was delicious! perfect!
I made sticky fingers with mashed potatoes for lunch and a sticky finger salad for dinner. I went a little winger sauce crazy today, and I assured Nic I won't do that everyday but it was just so good!

I am so glad I didn't buy the $6 bottle on Friday when we went with Dave and Shauna- I was planning to but forgot and I'm glad I did. Thanks for the recipe!

5 comments:

We are David, Shauna, Clark and Dali said...

so next time dave and I call saying "hey binghams, lets go to Wingers" what we'll really be saying is "hey why don't you make us dinner" I like it. I totally want to make the sauce now. Good find

Hilary said...

GENIUS!!!

I wonder how many other restaurant recipes I could find online...

I'm totally going to try this.

And to comment on the post below, RED HAIR!!! I love it. In my dad's family the 3 boys all had bright red hair, and neither of the parent's did. You just never know!

Steph said...

he he. We had sticky finger salad for dinner last night, too. So thrilled about this recipe.

Missy said...

I'm glad you guys liked it as much as we did! It was fun to see you guys Sunday. Daphne is adorable!

janellybelle said...

Yum! Sounds like you've been making some yummy food! I can't wait to watch Daphne on Saturday! Oh ya! I bought you some cute Christmas salt and pepper shakers that are shaped like little presents, can't wait to give them to you! You're probably in a big hurry for them since Christmas is 11 months away, you guessed it they were on clearance. Love ya! Janell