Friday, February 6, 2009

week 5.

ok, you redeemed yourselves... here is week 5 in the life of

daphne ryn

Yesterday was a big day for daphne.. and this was definitely the most exciting part of her day:

I painted her little toenails! I think its totally adorable. Nic hated it at first but I think it might be growing on him. at least a little. But I'm kidding, this wasn't the most exciting part of the week by any stretch of the imagination.

The REAL most exciting event of the week {and consequently the most photographed} happened yesterday. Colby, Nic's "little" {see pics} brother opened his mission call! It was fun to all be together and if I can be at any mission call opening, I'll be there- I think its the most exciting thing ever. You hold in your hand an envelope that is going to completely change your life {and the lives of many people wherever you serve as well} Nic's other brother, Blake, has been on his mission in new hampshire for a year and colby will be joining
the missionary ranks on april 29th.


siblings. aunts. parents. friends. friend's girlfriends. uncles. cousins.
second cousins. grandparents and his favorite little neice
got together for the exciting moment... (i am doing up daphne's snaps after showing off her toenails- and no, i don't wear this everyday, but i do wear it whenever its clean pretty much- i'm in a transitional state of clothing at the moment- cut me some slack)

ANTICIPATION....

"Manila, Philippines?!?! That's crazy! And AWESOME!!"
-- Daphne

see what I mean about little brother?
We are SO thrilled for you Colby! You are going to be a great missionary and even though we'll miss you terribly, we would be much more sad if you stuck around. so get out of here... at the end of april of course. I guessed brazil and california for my "official" guesses but yesterday I told Nic that I just wanted him to go somewhere where he could wear a skirt and he gets to! and flip flops too, pretty awesome. i wish i could have worn those in mesa.
more bath pictures. this was this morning... i just had to show off her cute little toes.
I think daphne weighs about 9 or 10 pounds right now but she hasn't been to the dr. in 2 weeks so its kind of hard to tell. that is just what i get when i weigh myself and then weigh us together. Yesterday we got to meet nic's cousin rachelle's little guy Kobe who was born 12 days after daphne for the first time. he is soooooo tiny! he won't be for long though, he has huge hands and feet and is going to be super tall like his dad i'm sure. it was so fun to talk all about the joys of being moms to newborns.

we're going to have an exciting weekend! our best friends, ben and melissa olsen, are coming from texas for a visit and we get to see them tonight! Melissa had their adorable little baby Cove at the end of November and we've already decided {well, we did long before either of them were born actually } that Cove and Daphne are getting married! So, we get to meet our future son-in-law tonight too! They are coming for Dustin and Camille's wedding which we are also thrilled about! Dustin and Camille started dating before nic and i and after they too both went on missions they are getting married tomorrow! yay!


daphne smiled at me this week! it was awesome- I almost wanted to cry but was too excited.


8 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

AHHH! AHHHHH! I am so glad you took pictures of her TOE NAILS! I saw it on your facebook yesterday and I was like oh thats cute... OH MY GOSH... I had no idea how cute it would be. Makes me a little jealous that I am not having a girl... Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about this kid but I will never get to paint his toe nails and thats maybe the cutest thing I have EVER SEEN!

Ashley Wray said...

I saw your statue on facebook yesterday too and those toenails are stinkin adorable! She is stinkin adorable too! Doesn't it go by so fast? How fun for company and for your brother in law's mission call! HAve fun!

Hilary said...

This was a great post!

Lots more smiles to come :)

Steph said...

Oh, well I feel out of the loop. I didn't know where Colby was going--let alone that he'd received his call. SOMEONE was supposed to call me. . .Anyway that is way exciting. Cool that he gets to wear flip flops on his mission--you can't even do that at BYU-I! So he leaves the same day as Thomas. Daphne's toenails are so cute. I remember how excited I was to do that (had it planned the moment I found out I was having a girl) but I don't think Eden's feet were ever as slender as Daphne's. Well, thanks for the news bulletin and the great photosl

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i so rarely comment, but those toes! i had to talk about those toes! how freaking cute. i wuv them. i'm a toe hog.

Ashley said...

omg her toenails.

Julie K said...

Oh could she be any cuter? I love Nic, but what the what???? How could he NOT like those little red toes? Seriously. Congrats to Colby. That is awesome. And Daphne smiled at you??? I love that part!
Can't wait to see you for my birthday.

Jenn and Tyler said...

LingOL!!!! Her toes are to die for! I want a little girl.... some day! Newborns are the greatest huh?! I'm so glad you're enjoying it so much.
It's awesome about Colby's mission call. Didn't realize the dress code he get's to flaunt. That's going to be awesome! We had a couple members in our ward (in Omaha) that were from Somoa, and they wore skirts and flip flops to church, it was gorgeous! It's funny how manly they look though. They don't look girly at all.
Anyway, loved seeing the toes, post as many of those pictures as often as possible! Love you guys!