Monday, February 16, 2009

Blessing day.


daphne looked ADORABLE in her little dress and herringbone mary-janes (that were way big on her and kept falling off..) her dress was
too big too but she can pull it off :)



Friday night my mom called with a "wild idea" {her words} we were planning on having daphne's blessing at the end of the month but with president's day this weekend my parents would have an extra day to spend here so they were wondering if we could bless daphne this weekend. After I cried the entire day on saturday, practically, we thew everything together. My parents arrived saturday night to a semi-perfectally-clean house and then our friends John and Myrica got into town from Ogden. They came with less than a day's notice- what great friends! Since we didn't know the blessing would be this weekend- a lot of our friends missed it, and we were sad that they had to- but i am really grateful that my parents were willing to drive 11 hours and 11 hours home within a weekend just to see daphne be blessed.

Nic did a great job on the blessing, it was perfect. i love him and i am grateful for the great man and priesthood holder i am lucky enough to call my husband. daphne was a little angel. she was awake during the blessing and due to all the guys peaking they told me she was just looking up at her daddy the whole time. so cute. {side note: i am SO glad that we are both at home and daphne gets to grow up with equal attention from both her parents so she knows and loves us both the same. it is so sweet to see the two of them together}

Right after the blessing, everyone came over to our house for lunch. See, this was the reason I was stressed and crying all saturday. i really love to cook and be the hostess, so i didn't want to miss this opportunity to have a bunch of our friends and family together but throwing together the lunch in a day was a little difficult :)

I woke up at 4:30 am with daphne and asked nic to feed her (and he is awesome) so i could sleep till 6 but i just couldn't stop thining about all i had to do so i just got up. i am glad i did because i was barely ready in time to leave for church at 9:00. I made pasta and 2 different sauces- red sauce with italian sausage and homemade alfrado. french bread { i am addmitately NOT a baker - i much prefer cooking- but it turned out alright for my first venture into bread making } homemade carmel with apples. salad. cookie bars and janell made super yummy hot lava chocolate cakes. All together we had 18 for lunch.
i wish i would have taken more pictures- but it was a great, great day. we are so grateful for the support of our friends and family who just adore our little girl.


the food. and my father-in-law's arm.


talmage, dustin and camille... i was too hungry to take more pictures, sad!

7 comments:

Hilary said...

I would have cried too. AJ likes to tell me his friends are coming over for the weekend, like 3 hours before they get there. Then I freak out. It's stressful! And you want it to be all perfect, but you know it won't with that amount of time, and you hate thinking about how it won't be perfect...AHHH.

the binghams. said...

exactly. me and you Hilary.. so much the same. {except your love of dogs}

Hilary said...

yeah, and camping.

Hahaha...

Julie K said...

I wish I could have been there. The food looked awesome. We are so excited to see you guys and my little sling model in 2 weeks!

Travis and Jaqui said...

It looks like it turned out to be a great day!
I wish we could've been there. I am sure Nic did a great job.

Love you guys!

Emily Kate said...

My little Martha! I love it! I'm sure it was a fantastic day and that your lunch rocked everybody's socks off. I mean, I know how amazing your midnight fries are and it can only go up from there, right?

janellybelle said...

I can't believe how much I've missed since my computer's been getting fixed! All those cute smiling pictures are so, so adorable! It just gets more fun all the time! The farmer's market idea, sounds fun! My sisters and I would maybe want to have a booth selling bumble watches!