Saturday, December 13, 2008

the waiting game.

is not really a game, games are fun.
{i know i really can't complain... i still have 3 weeks till my due date and some women go PAST their dates... but, i know she is ready and so am i}
yesterday was the last day of the semester. RELIEF! we are finally safe to have our baby! So, i did what every desperate pregnant lady does... i took castor oil and jumped on our neighbor's trampoline. after some "discomfort" from the oil... we went to walk laps at wal mart. what a party for date night! nic sat at the fabric books and timed me. I was hauling. well, a waddle mostly but i was doing that as quickly as i could. when we got home, we had dinner and watched hours of TLC (thankfully a baby story wasn't on- i still can't watch that show) during every commercial i would pace around the house. when we finally went to bed at midnight, the contractions started. i was in so much pain but was happy deep down that the ball was rolling. but, after about a half an hour of consistancy, they stopped.

nic is helping dave and shauna move right now but i think we'll go back to wal mart for laps when he gets home. i just can't wait!

5 comments:

Matthew and Elizabeth Dykman said...

There is a spot on the achilles heel that supposedly induces labor (Liz's dad does acupuncture) So, you should try deep massaging your achilles heel around the tendon and see what happens.

Matt and Liz

Adrienne said...

It's like that great Simpsons where Homer says "Now we play the waiting game." (waits one second) "The waiting game sucks". We ALL want to meet Daphne Ryn! Now give me 50 waddly Wal-mart laps!!

Emily said...

Holy crap! I can't believe you are so calm about the contractions, I just don't know what I would do if it happened early. Clearly I am not ready to have children! You amaze me! Love you and good luck in wally world!

Megan said...

I wish you luck...and I can't wait to see pictures!

TheBenandKaties said...

After my water broke, I was stuck in a hospital bed waiting for another 8 hours before anything interesting happened. The nurses were making fun of me because all I wanted to watch was "A Baby Story." (there were about 6 episodes in a row for some reason--must have been a marathon) Ben and I thought of it as "cramming."