Saturday, December 6, 2008

Daphne's baby shower!


Today my fabulous mother in law, Janell and 2 sister in laws {Danielle and Madisyn} hosted a baby shower for Daphne and I. It was so much fun to see all the family that we don't get to see very often. Its sad that we live so close and rarely hang out. A lot of the cousins live in Rexburg even but we never see each other- so today was really fun! We had super yummy food (cinnamon rolls, fruit and these delicious breakfast wontons. so good) and just chatted. Then.. THE GIFTS! It was like Christmas, but better- and miniture! Daphne got hooked up. Super cute outfits, grooming accessories, a teeny tiny bracelet, bows, gift cards, little boots, a stroller, $ for a pack-n-play that we immediately went to target and bought, other $ (which we also immediately spent at target- i got one of those big nursing pillows, a foam pad to turn our table into a changing table), covers for each and receiving blankets, a car seat (my mom couldn't be here but thank you!!!) and probably other things but my feeble pregnant brain just can't remember. I am so grateful for my family in law for making this such a fun and memorable day! Daphne's room is filling up!!


sorry Jenn! I was going to post at least this one picture... but we were running late. It turns out, and this is QUITE depressing to me... I have a double chin now. So, i rejected the other 4 pictures from the shower because I was sitting down in all my double chin glory. I guess I never knew this because i don't sit down in front of the mirror, I stand up- like a normal human. but, if I do sit down something awful and horrible happens... and it was all captured yesterday at the shower. there isn't enough money to pay me to put those pictures up. But this one captures most of the people there. Becca apparently missed the shot, DeAnna's head is hidden by a light and my friends Rayna and Shauna are covered by giant candles. you can barely see me.. but if you could see me any better it wouldn't be pretty :) that reminds me since I doubt I will post tomorrow... tomorrow I am 36 weeks-
N I N E M O N T H S P R E G N A N T. ahhh this is getting exciting!

5 comments:

Jenn and Tyler said...

PICTURES!!!! For the family members who couldn't be there but wanted to oh so badly, would like to see pictures of your fabulous day! I have a gift for you, I'll give it to you at Christmas okay? Are you two going to the Andersen Christmas Eve party? I will be playing single parent so I will at least make an appearance but I can't promise anything more... I'm soooo excited for you!!! Happy Shower Day! Sorry I missed it!

Steph said...

That food was pretty amazing, huh? Sorry I wasn't there the entire time--Eden is at a *busy* age--just something you have to look forward to. But it was fun to get together and see you. Maybe a while after the baby comes we could have that party we've been talking about.

Julie K said...

Aww, how come I wasn't invited? Just kidding! When I was this far along with Sid (and I know just how you feel because my due date with him was 1 day earlier than Daphne's) I had this super attractive Jersey knit one piece maternity jumpsuit. I know what you are thinking reading that discription, but in all honesty, it really wasn't all that cute or flattering. It was black and I had a white maternity top that I would wear with it and darn it if me and my chins didn't look exactly like an orca whale. I wore it to a Christmas Eve dinner at the Lammoreaux's house and then two days later I wore it again while I ate an entire cheese ball, without a real exit strategy. Good times. But then I had my baby the next day! Happy ending!

The Strouds said...

Wow! I had Lucy only 2 days after she hit 36 weeks, so I'm feeling ya! I hope you make it through all the finals and stuff though so you can just relax and soak up all the Daphne glory :) Love ya! Great shower!

Adrienne said...

Oh I love you Pedersens. Live closer!! I am so GLAD they spoiled the crap outta you and your gal. You deserve it. And I want to know what goes into a breakfast wonton because I am all about deep-fried for breakfast. I am saying that with no sarcasm whatsoever.