Wednesday, December 10, 2008

tagged.

Jaq tagged me and i am feeling like not working on homework OR client work so this seemed like a fabulous thing to do. My only wish was that it was just a little longer....


6 things that make me HAPPY.


{NIC}
I know he isn't your husband, and I'm sure your husband is 100% perfect for you- but let me tell you... Nic is 100% perfect for me. I am very much in love. He has been especially sweet lately- I think my increasing belly size has something to do with it. So helpful and tender and kind. I appreciate all the little things he does for me and the big things too- He is the best husband I could imagine and now that I've had him, I can't imagine life nic-less. It would be miserable.

{warm car feeling}
you know those cold days that are still sunny? Maybe a little windy too (esp. if you live in Idaho) but then, you get in your car that has been parked somewhere sunny and it feels like you just wrapped up in a down comforter. I LOVE THAT. Its especially good after church I've noticed.

{the time is drawing nigh}
I know I probably shouldn't talk so definitively about having Daphne next week- but I feel like my positive brain power is all I have at this point so I've got to use the Secret and make things happen :) Either way, we're getting close. We are at the precipice of our news lives with our new baby. i am more excited than i have words for.... i just can't wait for the day to come.

{pumpkin bread}

I especially love it for breakfast with cream cheese on it. That may sound weird but its not, its the best. Plus.. pumpkin is a vegetable. healthy. Or, i love it fresh out of the oven (and I always seem to crush it because i can't wait till its properly cooled) with butter. yummm... for awhile there I was making a loaf every week. i think it lasted 2-3 weeks and i think i should bring the tradition back. now.

{pell grants}
I was thinking about this again today because it was our last day of design+color class and our professor talked about how great of an education we get at byu-i and the tuition is so little. and for us- its free thanks to the us government (and you fine tax payers...) I love learning. I complain about homework and grummpy teachers but when it comes right down to it, i love it. i love challenging myself and then having someone who knows far more than me tell me that it's good. today bro huntsman told me to go into graphic design and said: and nic, you support her. it was just something simple but it made me feel so good- I wish so badly i could take it back and get my BFA in graphic design but with only 3 classes till I graduate in communication, I can't throw that away. maybe i can get a second degree... or an MFA... i don't know, but i never want to be complacent and stop learning. i'm just grateful that for the time being its free.

{san francisco}
when we would visit san francisco this summer and then drive over the bridge and back towards home (northen ca) my heart would hurt. i am not exagerating. i LOVE it. there are so many little things that draw us there... and i can't wait to move there someday. perhaps when we have some cash flow.

7 comments:

Travis and Jaqui said...

Ahh. Thanks for doing that. I loved how you elaborated on these.
Maybe I should? Lol. Or work. I am at work. I should probably stop blogging and work! :)
We are so thrilled for you guys. xo.

Travis and Jaqui said...

...Yea, I opted for the elaborated version..

My Five Little Monkeys said...

But what if Daphne is just as determined as you? What if she wants to hang out longer? Who will win?

the binghams. said...

me. i've used my determination for years, she's new, i could totally take her. I think that it really helps that the dr. is motivated too. one because i've had really high blood pressure for the past 2 months and two because he doesn't want to have to deliver her on christmas. win win win.

Emily Kate said...

I love you.

That's all!

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :) ♥ Hugs!

Ande said...

Kirstin I loved this post! It was so fun to read things that make you happy. Pretty sure you guys make me happy and I was SO sad when we couldn't come to your house this Thursday (especially when I read your description of pumpkin bread)...but just think! Next time I see you guys I'll get to see Daphne too! Yay!