Monday, December 29, 2008

january 2nd!!

we went to the doctor today and got only good news!
I am now ALMOST a 3 and the doctor partially stripped my membrane. I don'treally know what that means but it hurt like hell. seriously. it sucked so it better do something! He said if i was at a 4 it would probably make me go right into labor but since i'm at a 3 it should at least get the ball rolling. If not, we're all set up at the hospital for a 11 am induction on friday- jan 2nd. My mom is flying in on thursday and we're excited to have her here till next wed the 7th. I looked up other awesome stuff that has happend on January 2nd- none of which seems as good as Daphne being born. But, here it is:

2001 - Sila Calderón becomes the first female Governor of Puerto Rico.

1999 - A brutal snowstorm smashes into the Midwestern United States, causing 14 inches (359 mm) of snow in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and 19 inches (487 mm) in Chicago, where temperatures plunge to -13°F (-25°C); 68 deaths are reported.


1974 - President Richard Nixon signs a bill lowering the maximum U.S. speed limit to 55 MPH in order to conserve gasoline during an OPEC embargo.

1872 - Brigham Young is arrested on charges of bigamy for having 25 wives.
{I'm so happy this made it into wikipedia... great}

births: 1983 - Kate Bosworth
1940 - S. R. S. Varadhan, Indian-American mathematician {if you haven't heard of him... you're crazy}
1978 - Toyoguchi Megumi, Japanese seiyuu -voice actress {one of the best}

And lastly- these important holidays.

Basically, we are SO excited. 3 full days remain between us and a baby! We're going to go dye some onsies, pick up a bed for my mom to sleep in, spend some time with the fam in IF and check out the rain gutter that just fell off half the roof. that's a full day... no time for mas blogging. <3

9 comments:

Missy said...

Well I'm glad you had good news at the doctor. Good luck with everything and you will have to post as soon as you can about your little Daphne.

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Yay about the membranes. Never had it done, but I'll take your word for it. Now it's time to go eat a cheese ball.


scurgon

the binghams. said...

enough with the cheese ball advice.. i don't even like them.

Hilary said...

Sometimes I wonder about induced pain to get the ball rolling. Hopefully it will be beneficial though.

3 more days! Crazy!

Emily Kate said...

Sorry we weren't able to make it up to see ya. Jacob leaves day after tomorrow. We couldn't ever find a good 2 days to do it. But I'm sad we didn't get to see you :( Next time we're back you'll have a baby and be all recovered so maybe that will be better!

Cody,Kendra,Kendall,Osker said...

yeah! to having a baby soon! I just found your blog and I'm so excited you are going to have little daphne so soon! Hopefully you go into labor naturally being induced is kind of crazy, unless you get an epideral then it's smooth sailing:)

Ashley Wray said...

Yay, that is something, especially for your first! I was at a 3 and the Dr. stripped my membranes and I had Reese less than 24 hours later, so I hope your pushing out that cute little Daphne as I type! good luck, and if not enjoy your last few days of being a carefree childless couple!

Sarah said...

Well if you make it to the second Daphne will share her birthday with my dad! And now thanks to you guys whenever we ask Drew what we should name the baby he replys Shaggy or Freddy, atleast he's not asking for scubby.

The Rydens said...

Any updates?!!! We want to see Daphne!