Wednesday, August 13, 2008

where's my head?


I thought I was pretty good at multi-tasking but it has become increasingly more obvious to me lately that I am not. It seems like when there is too many things scheduled for one day, I go a little crazy. Much like the headless chicken pictured above. Here is my not-even-that-big to do list that is throwing this whole day off:

- laundry (this, unfortunately, was a MUST- Nic was out of everything)

- the missionaries are coming over for dinner. This means a REAL meal, made a SPECIFIC time and add the stress- Nic's co-worker Lenin is being taught the first lesson and Oscar and possibly his girlfriend are coming too.

- cleaning of the house for the before mentioned dinner

- cleaning the oven before I can bake anything because somehow while making chicken fingers the other day, I started a fire in the oven. I happened to be on the phone with a lovely old lady at the distribution center so when I started yelling: FIRE! There is a fire in the oven! She was there to reassure me screaming: BAKING SODA!!! BAKING SODA!!! It put itself out but I know as soon as I turn the oven on we'll be back in burnsville. (which is actually smokesville- so unpleasant)

-designing an invite for a new client we got today- which is good, I'm not sad about this one and in fact have already gotten this plus her rsvp and thank you cards done. I choose the fun stuff to do first.

And to top it all off- it is over 100 today and lets be honest- I don't want to do ANYTHING when its that hot.

oh, and I don't know what i am supposed to wear when these people come over because, like an idiot, I washed BOTH (implying that I only have 2) pairs of my maternity jeans today and they don't go in the dyer (like i need shrinking- i am EXPANDING) and Nic's coke at lunch had a little run-in with the khaki capris i am currently sporting. sooooo.... i have no clue.

and what am I doing instead of the list? BLOGGING about the list. Pure genius. Countdown to dinner: 3 hours and 27 minutes. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Hope your dinner went well!

Hilary said...

well this is totally a day late! You've gotta tell us how it went. I wanted to advise you that if you were that stressed out, clean your oven another day, and go buy some pre-made stuff at the grocery store. Also our dryer isn't hooked up, and I've been hanging stuff up to dry for 8 months now? It sucks. The best drying place is outside!

K, i know it's too late for that now. I hope everything went great! And by the way, that picture is pretty gross :)

the binghams. said...

everything turned out great and let me tell you why... NIC CAME HOME EARLY! He really is the best... First, we watched the bare minerals instructional dvd, ya know, to relax. Then, he got to work. He did ALL the cleaning and let me tell you, this place was a hell hole. I really suck at "housewifing" So, i got the laundry done, kitchen all cleaned (oven including)- the chicken cooked, the cookies made, the rolls kind of cooked (they were a little on the doughy side) the rice done and it all worked out. The lesson even was great (and even as an RM was i was really worried about having our friend taught) I was laughing at myself though thinking that many woman do this on a daily basis (plus have screaming kids to deal with in the backround) and they don't feel the need to be drama queens. so, i am sorry for my over exaggerating :)

Hilary said...

glad it all went well! i agree with your last comment completely. knowing that if i don't have energy to clean now, etc. makes the future so scary! it will only get worse!

how do other women do it?

the binghams. said...

Kirsten is actually awesome at being a housewife, it was a little hellhole just cuz im always gone, and when im gone she works too, and when im home we hang out together, or play texas holdem with our friends. no time to be clean. only work and fun, but it will all change in 2 weeks with us both home working together. i cant wait for that Kirsten, Hurray!

Julie K said...

The part I loved the best was "Baking Soda! Baking Soda!". The rest I hardly paid attention to. Nic, I miss you! Of course I miss you too, Kirsten, but Nic! Seems like forever since you were here and we were making you watch (and love) The Office. Now you are gone and we are here loving 24. I'm sure you had something to do with that--although we could never prove it in court. Please decide to move to Steamboat. We love it. And Idaho and some Costa Rican village is too far. Too Fah!