Friday, August 22, 2008

visa..... VERSA!!!!!!!!!

Well, we did it. We bought a new car! After having the volvo up for sale for the past 6 weeks or so with only 2 calls and nothing to show for it, we've decided to keep it- at least for now. But, since we won't have "official" jobs for the next two years- in order to get a loan, we needed to do it now before Nic left his job and we moved back to Rexburg. We knew we wanted a little car and went to see the Aveo but it felt really cheap and it didn't have anything... not even AC! Then we went to the Nissian dealership and saw an '09 versa. We loved it and went back to test drive it the next day (yesterday) and drove it home about 3 hours later! It is brand new (Nic even peeled some plastic off of it) and had 22 miles when we drove it home! It is a stick (which i do not yet know how to drive) so it is Nic's car. I am excited that I'll have the warrior Volvo for the snow of rexburg! They gave us Nissian hats and we thought that was hilarious- I envisioned this blog as soon as they handed them to us :)






Nic took and edited this picture of us today- its freaky/awesome!

11 comments:

Julie K said...

Pretty sneaky sis! Not actually my actual sentiments, but rather a hilarious nod to a hilarious Connect 4 commercial from my youth. Hi-larious.
So your car is super cute, but those paper hats are cool. And just like Jon, cool is your style.
Look at that belly, wudja! Maybe there are two...
Remind me again when that ultrasound is?

Steph said...

Oh that edited photo is so great! I laughed for a good while. Congrats on the new car.

the binghams. said...

don't freak me out Julie- i am very used to the idea of one now after thinking it was twins for the first 14 weeks! it is september 4th. just 2 weeks!!

Adrienne said...

Hey! Again, I'm with the shoes. Nice car, nice RED vans, nice hat! You trendi kids, you.

Hilary said...

I was forced to drive stick when we got our new car. I was terrified! Especially because I worked up on campus=only big hill in Rexburg. But I pretty much kick A, and I'm glad I've gained a new skill. You should try it :)

Love the bellay.

Megan said...

Stick is fun to drive! I learned in HS...once you have first gear down you are good to go.

Love the belly pics!

The Strouds said...

Awesome all around. Love the pic!

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

Very nice! Are you still going to sell the Volvo?

the binghams. said...

no jaq we are keeping it. we really do love it (when it is functioning properly, of course) so hopefully we can hang on to it for awhile.

Maddy Lucas said...

Hmm...I asked seth and he said he didn't have an email in his byui account. Try emailing him at sweaterbuddies@gmail.com and he should get it there.

Cool picture manipulation haha. I'm trying to figure out how you did it and I'm guessing you used a tripod otherwise I have no idea how you did it...

My Five Little Monkeys said...

So.....where is our fruit and quarter update? Hmmmm?