Monday, August 4, 2008

18 weeks and loving it


my second trimester has been quite enjoyable. Though I still wake up 2-3 times a night to pee, most of my other symptoms (i don't like that phrase, it makes pregnancy sound like an illness) have subsided and I am so grateful. Its already hard to remember how miserable I felt in the beginning which is good and probably the reason why women are able to have more than one baby... near the beginning I was like: this is probably my first and last pregnancy! I still have headaches all the time but besides that I am doing like 100 times better. Now if only we could find a place to live then we would be set. instead of posting the typical baby size next to a quarter picture, I thought I would post a momma one. Here it is... my belly at 18 weeks. Its enough for people to look at me with questioning eyes but not quite enough for them to give up their spot ahead of me in line. I must say though... I will be excited to get out of CA where everyone thinks we are SOOOOOOO young to be having kids. I get these looks a lot and I know they must be thinking that we just got married because I was knocked up. Oh no... this was part of the plan in fact! In Idaho I'll be one of the "older" moms (since there are many 19 and 20 year olds popping out children) at 24. And I am completely great with that! Oh, and our baby is a bell pepper this week. So make some fajitas and think of the Binghams. (and I'm not trying to stick it out, thats just how i stand... i have the worst posture)

15 comments:

Emily said...

Oh you are just so darn adorable! I am so excited for you KIDS! Just kidding. Have you gotten your dress yet for the wedding? I am just trying to get things in order and would love to see it if you have! Love you and your big belly...

the binghams. said...

I do have it! I just need a little black shrug/cardigan or boloro to go with it. I'll email you a pic. Its a maternity dress (obviously) so it looks HUGE on me in the belly department but by October I'm sure I'll fill it in a bit :)

Emily said...

is it the one you originally emailed me the pic of?

Kim Ryden said...

Your little belly is so cute!

Maddy Lucas said...

ha...thank you. You get bored after a while so I brought out the camera every fifteen minutes or so (when I wasn't driving). Did you all find an apartment? I know cougar court has double rooms and College park does too. good luck.

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Look at your boobies! More impressive than the belly, I'd say. You look like I did, we are more the wrap-around bellies rather than the basketball-up-the-dress bellies. How cute are you?

Hilary said...

Yay a belly picture! Thanks :)

We lived in a pretty nice apt. in Rexburg on Pioneer Road (can't remember the name). It was just south of Parkside Townhomes. There's lots of places on Pioneer. Our place had 2 bedrooms, washer & dryer and it was $550/mo. We liked it.

I hear the University family apts below the temple are pretty nice, but AJ and I decided we didn't want to be in BYU-I approved cheeseball land. Mostly because of our taste in movies (and everything else) :)

Adrienne said...

Oh hurray for the second trimester! And hurray for cute short pregger girls. Shouldn't they be used to babies in CA by now? I thought everyone was doing it in Hollywood. They should think you're trendi!

Ashley Wray said...

Love your belly, so cute! I don't miss being pregnant at all, but I sure do think prego bellies are adorable! When are you guys headed back to Idaho and do you have any names picked out?

the binghams. said...

we will be back in Idaho at the end of the month... hopefully with a place to live even! We do have several names but my sister (who is always reading these comments :) is a total name nazi and won't let us disclose them. though they do slip out occasionally. but, they won't be slipping out a blog, I can assure you of that! Maybe we'll get to see you and girls some time and I'll dish them out! I know YOU won't be having another one before I do!

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

Your belly is adorable!!!

Consulting Carrie said...

What are you doing this Friday? Hint: You're hanging out with the long lost Solomons. But seriously, you have plans? :)

Carrie S. said...

Um, I just tried to post...weird. What are y'all doing Fri?

the binghams. said...

Friday night is date night Carrie- perhaps saturday? we'll have to chat!

the binghams. said...

my comments are haunted! we have date night just the two of us on fridays- but perhaps Saturday? We'll have to chat! It's your LAST DAY!!! i bet you are so excited!!!