Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009 + some other stuff





I was so excited to go home to Colorado for Christmas this year. I haven't been home for Christmas in 5 years and have missed it. We didn't pack as much into our trip as we normally do so we had lots of down time hanging out with my parents which was nice. I hate not living in the same state as them.


Before I get into Christmas though-

@ BYU-I you have to apply to get into the Bachelor of Fine Arts program (BFA) for graphic design (or any other medium) and so Nic applied this semester.... and HE GOT IN! Congrats my Nic! He scored way above average (they only expect "average" for those applying- you work up to being awesome while in the program) on nearly every category. I'm proud. He is going year round till he graduates a year from now- so just 3 more semesters and we'll both be done!


By the way... I GRADUATED!! I got a B.S. in Communication (emphasis in advertising) with clusters in Graphic Design and Home and Family living. I'm pretty excited but it doesn't feel real yet- perhaps next week when Nic goes to school and I don't. I'm waiting to walk till April so my parents could be there... so cap and gown pictures in a few months.
I'll post more about daphne tomorrow ON HER BIRTHDAY! I can't believe our baby is ONE.... Crazy!

for now, here is a really sad picture of her trying to get into the kitchen while I'm making dinner.

Ok- So Christmas! Nic, Daphne and I got spoiled- thanks to our parents, grandparents, siblings and friends for making Daph's first Christmas (and her first of 2 birthday parties- more on that later too) so awesome. Thanks everyone! Here are a few (ok.. maybe like a hundred. sorry.) of my favorite pics from Christmas morning.
It seems here like she really knows what she is doing- she did in fact pick up a few presents with her name on it- can this baby read?

What is it?......

A sock monkey!


Ok- i can't believe I am posting this awful picture of me. This is me literally the second I discovered what it was that Nic got me- a glockenspiel. (an awesome instrument that I have some hope of learning!) you play it kind of like the xylophone so here I am making that gesture. Nic also got me a dress, some chevron tights i've been wanting way bad and this awesome gray skirt. Thanks love! I didn't get any pictures of him opening his gifts but I got a dread tam, a david sedaris book, best in show and a holga.
I've been slap chopping non-stop! thanks blake and ali!! :)


Daph's most awesome facial expression!


Playing with her cousin Jon and something that glows


Daph looks pretty weird without those big, kissable cheeks!



This was yesterday. we were eating dinner while daphne played alone in her room. She started crying and so we went in to find her like this. apparently she wanted to change but just couldn't get it done. We laughed and laughed. Oh how we love this baby!
Happy new year everyone!

4 comments:

Emily Kate said...

Our baby got that same "On the Farm" book. I love the Dwell Studio baby books! So good looking. Glad you had a nice holiday! Sorry we didn't get to see each other!

JohnandMyrica said...

Congrats on graduating and getting into the BFA program. Daphne is so stinkin cute. Can't believe she is 1! Wish we could have seen you guys when you came through. Hopefully soon!

ali c. said...

Slap, slappin' your troubles away. :)

I'm so glad you had a nice time being home at Christmas! :)

Miss you guys!

Austin and Sarah said...

The pictures look fab... and so do we! Daphne makes me laugh, Austin and I talk about her, we also can't wait till you guys live here. You sweet little bingham fam! Compounds unite!