Monday, January 25, 2010

lovely design

i find it especially inspiring when people can make really, really beautiful things out of something that already exists, and isn't at all beautiful on it's on. what a talent! my mom clipped an article from better homes and gardens for me (isn't she cute... clipping and mailing me an article? I love her and miss her) she said it reminded her of me: 1 toddler girl, 2 artists, a home-based business all living in around 1,000 square feet of modern (mid century... not like... ikea) perfection.

and oh was she right! i loved this house. very inspiring.


i looked up the women's blog and online store. quite delightful (i knew it would be when i saw how she decorated... color but just in the right way, graphic art and type on the walls, eames chairs, a vintage highchair... just really beautiful all the way around. she makes paper goods out of found paper. things like library card catalogs and old maps. i think i really, really need her address file. there is something so impersonal about keeping people's info stored in my phone. i need something pretty. your telephone numbers and addresses deserve that, no?

Sharilyn's blog now lives on my side bar -----------> (lovely designs)

1 comment:

Cody,Kendra,Kendall,Osker said...

Your moms so cute! I saw this article too and loved it. I've been looking everywhere for globes