Saturday, January 2, 2010

O•N•E

[Here's another LONG, PICTURE filled post]
Our darling Miss Daphne turned ONE today! I can't believe that a year ago at this time I was laying in a hospital bed with a teeny, tiny baby on my chest that I had no idea what to do with. Everything has changed... though most times I still don't have the slightest clue what to do with her :)

Today was her actual birthday and we didn't do much (sorry daph) 2 weeks ago she had a party in Colorado and this Friday she has a party in Rexburg so today wasn't too exciting. Right before bed I baked cookies and gave her one, that's about it (besides mentioning all day that it was her birthday to which she would respond with a smile and clapping)


The Colorado birthday party was so fun and I'm so happy to have seen so many of our close friends there. Thanks for loving us and our baby- you guys are the best! Emmry!

my dear friend Sarah. so much has changed since we were roommates over 5 years ago- I'm so happy she lives in denver and we'll be able to hang out with her and her husband Austin and baby Emmry often. we love them.
[i LOVE this book, and all dwell studio books. thanks blake&ali!]



I should have gotten a picture with me & ashley. oh well- here she is with the back of Neal (can i make your wedding invites yet? please?) Ashley and I have been best friends since 4th grade. I am forever grateful for that Neal lives in Colorado so she recently moved back from a few years in Seattle. Ashley, you're the best.
julie, you're gorgeous. stop stealing all of daph's thunder.

This picture wasn't @ her party- just a day in colorado sometime. i LOVE it... i LOVE her!


It was a fabulous party- a huge thanks to my mom who helped me with the food/cleaning ALL day. you're the best.

I don't want to get all sappy and reflective- but seriously... daphne is ONE. when people ask how old she is i have to say: one. that makes my stomach hurt. But, i am so enjoying her phase right now. she is learning so much and can understand so much of what we tell her. she is so happy and expressive. she is a joy to be around. i'm so happy she's ours. (even though she's kind of old)

5 comments:

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

I love it all! Daph's cuteness, the decorations, the cake, your face. All of it. I wish we were there!

Emily Kate said...

Happy birthday Daphne!! She is the cutest ever! I'm sure it's so sad to have your baby turn one. But when I started nannying in NYC, Madeleine had just turned one and I kid you not, it was the BEST age. She was still sweet and cuddly and she napped twice a day! But she also was learning some new thing pretty much everyday which was so much fun. You'll love it.

And I LOVE that dress she's wearing at the bottom of the post. I find, in buying stuff for our baby, that some of the baby girl clothes are soo frilly and ugly. (You should SEE the outfit my MIL sent. Seriously.) I want my baby to look awesome. She'll take some notes from Daph.

Steph said...

Yeah, I can't believe she's one! Love her little birdie cake. Even though it's sad that they're getting older, each age brings such fun new things. So really, it's ok.

Missy said...

Happy birthday to Daphne! She seems like such a happy happy baby. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun celebrating her first birthday. She is so darling.
P.S. Can't wait for Blake to get home tomorrow. How about you guys? I'm sure he's excited to meet his favorite niece.

The Strouds said...

Ok, she is like the cutest baby ever. The whole dancing thing was awesome!

I'm trying not to be hurt that Ashley gets a whole paragraph for living in Denver and I don't even get mentioned! Hopefully you are excited to hang out with me too when you move back :) I am.

Still sad I missed the lunch!