Friday, January 23, 2009

week 3

I wanted to entitle this post: STOP IT! Because that is what I tell daphne all the time... the past 2 days she seems to be growing right before my eyes and I just tell her to stop. It is really starting to make me sad... i'm sure you will look at the pictures and think she is tiny, and i know she is.. but just not AS tiny as she used to be! This week was great. My sister Julie came from Colorado for tuesday, wed and thurs and left this morning. We stayed up late every night (and slept in very late too) , watched an incredible amount of tv, ate yummy food and of course, smothered daphne with tons of love. she is in her swing now and i'm sure it won't last too long because she is so used to being held now. It was really fun though and I'm so glad my sister got to come see her while she is small. My sister has 5 kids to take care of at home (from 13-3) so it made me really happy that she would make that sacrifice just for us. daphne is so loved.
so here she is... THREE WEEKS OLD!!!


my beautiful sister julie with the little one.

bath time. she is really liking it now that we bathe her in the sink. she always makes this concerned face the whole time.. that's how i know she enjoys it.

hand tricks! she did this the other day at the dr's office and i freaked out! then she did it again and so i held her hands in place (but she did it, i swear!) until nic could come take pictures of her. so adorable!
hanging out with aunt julie.

i love when she stretches.

8 comments:

Ceci and Steven said...

so cute, I want to hold her!! and the hand tricks, adorable!! I can see what you're saying about her growing so fast though..baby's get big so fast, but hey, at least you get to enjoy everyday of it!! Very pretty little girl! And ps your sister Julie rules (I feel like I know her without having had met her!) haha.

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Oh Ceci--You Rule!

I am finally home (finally) 13 hours after I started on my way home yesterday morning at 11:00 am (it is now 12:15 on a different am) and even though the trip home was hellish and somewhat harrowing, I wouldn't have missed seeing Daphne and loving on her for anything! Sacrifice, snackrifice (and we did snack on some good eats this trip). Thanks for letting me come and hang out--it was a dream come true. I love you guys so freaking much. And Daphne, listen to your mother--STOP IT!

Jenn and Tyler said...

She is the cutest little bug ever! I love the concerned face she has while enjoying her bath. Don't you love those sponges?! Just don't get a dog, you'll replace that sponge every week! (My dog chewed ours up a few several hundred times). Her hand tricks are great! Very girlie, very sweet. She it just to die for, I can't wait until I can actualy meet her. You sound great! Hope you're getting some good sleep.

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

That is so sweet how she sleeps with her hands together. She is so beautiful. I can't believe she is already 3 weeks old. To bad we can control time, huh?

Adrienne said...

Oh I can HEAR her little snuffle snort newborn noise she makes as she stretches! Loved all the pictures. And Julie does rock. As do you guys.

Sarah said...

The newborn stage is still my favorite. It goes by so fast and even though you are so tired the whole time they are so small I just love it. I am glad Julie was able to come visit, I know it meant a lot to me to have my sister come and help and eat good food with. We are working on March if we can find a good ding fare on Southwest we will be in Denver!

the binghams. said...

yay Sarah!
That would be SO fun!
we would love to see you guys. If not in march- i'm hoping to have us come out to CA sometime before nic starts school again in the summer (and maybe me too, i might take one class)

We are David, Shauna, Clark and Dali said...

oh my she is just really cute. I want to hang out with you guys. You should all come over this weekend. Sat or Sun night...I don't know why I didn't just spell that out ... anyways, lets get together. screw homework.