Wednesday, January 14, 2009

twice as old.

we didn't take many pictures from days 6-9 but here are some highlights of days 10 and 11.
daphne is rad. she is a great sleeper, a pretty ok eater (as long as i'm not trying to get her to nurse... that really makes her mad) and she is just generally so happy and alert (when she's awake) it is so much fun to be her parents. <3


so this outfit is one of her best... kidding. it is a little dress number but the arms are quite long and she is always scrunching up her arms anyways so it makes it look even worse. (i do love this style for diaper changing though) Then, in the car seat since the dress can't cover her legs it looks like we just forgot her pants. in january. in rexburg.

this just looks pathetic. and adorable.


sleeping beauty.

nic taught daphne this awesome trick. he didn't want her to think she could just scream and move around her mouth and that would magically make milk come into it, so he taught her about bottles. when he feeds her he takes an extra minute before giving her the bottle to say: bottle. it doesn't sound complicated but you'd be surprised... now she knows what a bottle is and stops crying as soon as he says it! we've tested it several times and it works... nice work nic. what an adorable dad, huh?



bath time! she really hated her first bath (which we recorded so we don't have pictures of...) but she didn't mind as much the second time. this makes it look like she is really filling out but she's not. well, i don't think so at least. we go to the dr. today so we'll see what she's up to in the weight department.

thinking.... i wish i knew what she was thinking about. probably american idol.
I can kiss her as much as I want. I'm the mom.

14 comments:

Emily Kate said...

You make good babies. She's so beautiful!

JohnandMyrica said...

Every time you post pictures I think how gorgeous Daphne is, and then the next time you post she is even more gorgeous than the time before! That is one pretty baby! And, I have to say, you two make a pretty adorable mommy and daddy!

JohnandMyrica said...

When Aiden was born, he would get SO mad when I would try to nurse him that I had to put him in time out... which means make John hold him for awhile and give me a break while both Aiden and I cried. It sucked. And then all the sudden, after two weeks of fighting him, he just got it and was an awesome nurser ever since then. But looking back it makes me laugh how mad he would get when I would try and feed him and now I'm having the opposite problem trying to get him to stop nursing! :)

Steph said...

I love those little blanket sleeper things. So sweet and convenient. Great job, Nic, with the "bottle" trick. Sorry the nursing isn't coming so great. She is beautiful. I love those "Sleeping Beauty" photos. Keep the posts coming. We love to see her.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

She is still amazing... just like before! We are so excited to come meet her in a couple weeks! Keep posting pictures of her because you just made my night!

Emily said...

Bath time pics? Cutest pictures ever! Dang, she is so beautiful!!
I was going to say she is a "seven", but no... She is f-in phenominal!!

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Well, I think she is absolutely adorable as well. You must be having so much fun. Her hat looks sooo cute on her. I love all your little photo shoots you did. They look like they should be in a modern baby magazine. Soooooo fun!! Congratulations again!

The Strouds said...

Wow... gorgeous little girl. Seriously. I hear ya on the nursing. I gave up (probably too quick) because it was so depressing. I LOVE the post!

Julie K said...

Oh that last picture is my absolute favorite. You are right. You are the mommy, and you can love her up as much as you please. I still ask Tommy if I can eat his face, and he always says yes! Love that kid.

Less than a week and I will be kickin it Rexburg style! Meaning I will stay indoors with you people, so as not to freeze. Plus, I like you guys so win/win.

the binghams. said...

win win win. we can't wait julie!

Lindsay said...

She's so beautiful! Don't you wish you could freeze time? Nina has already changed so much. The newborn stage is flying by!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love those bath pictures she is so cute. Even though I am so far away I have the urge to reach into the computer and just squeeze her, she is so cute :)

Unknown said...

She's so sweet. I love all the pictures you guys have been posting, the ones of her taking a bath are adorable...she has the cutest look on her face. I'm glad she's been sleeping good for ya, Jacoby still hasn't figured that out yet, I just keep hopin'. Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

Missy said...

That last comment was from me, just didn't want ya to not be able to figure out who it was. :)