Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the first five days.

i feel like i can hardly remember life before daphne.
i don't think that is a bad thing... it may be the sleep deprivation but more likely, she was always part of us, now she's just here. the days are long and hard, the nights are longer, harder. it's hard to find moments to steal away and get things done. nic is working on a client's invite now and its 12:48 am. I just got done pumping (awful :) and i really don't know why i am choosing to add new pictures rather than sleep- i guess i just want to look at her some more tonight. <3 style="font-weight: bold;" size="5">

day one.

born at 6:49 pm to 2 happy and exhausted parents and greeted by 2 elated grandmas, 1 proud grandpa, 2 excited uncles and 2 already-in-love aunts. (and many more who can't wait to meet her but weren't there at the hospital :) us.
uncle bridger.

aunt maddie.
aunt danielle.


nana.

grandpa and grammy bingham

uncle colby. we miss you blake!! (on a mission in NH for the next year)

day two.
still in the hospital. more visitors... and lots of laying in a bed :)
nic's mission friend jarom
nic's cousin kayla had her baby, lincoln, the same day we had daphne! she went into labor and had him barely after the first- we had no idea she had had her baby until nic saw his uncle mike (kayla's dad who lives in ut) in the elevator. it was so exciting! congrats to kayla and dave and to second cousins with the same birthday!
grandpa webster was so excited.

day three.
home from the hospital! It was so great to be home. the binghams came up and it was so nice to all hang out. she looked so adorable in her car seat. i can't believe how big her 0-3 clothes (i know, i know.. "not for long" is what you'll say...) we only have a few 5-8 pound clothes and that's all she wears for now. its kind of driving me crazy but she's still adorable.

janell set up a little photo shoot for daphne.

day four.
normally daphne freaks out when we change her diaper. but, this change she was super chill. i had to take a picture of her relaxed little position.

nic bought daphne (and me) a birthday cake to celebrate her birthday! we finally ate it (and it was very yummy) a few days later. my sister's family has started this tradition of bringing birthday cake to the hospital to celebrate their kid's birthdays. it's cute.

day five.
daphne got to sleep in bed (ahh julie!) for a tiny bit in the morning. I woke up to this.. i am pretty sure its the cutest thing i've ever seen.


yes, she is in the same clothes as yesterday. i was hoping you wouldn't notice. it does make it difficult to remember which day is which. this little clown outfit janell gave me at the baby shower- it was something nic used to wear. isn't that adorable? we did finally change her clothes to really start the day (some time after 3 pm) oh, and normally she is all wrapped up, warm and cozy but we were trying to get her to wake up and eat- that's why she is showing off her belly at the moment.

colby and janell came up for a few hours during the day. they even brought reed's dairy icecream and some freezer meals for us. we're so lucky to have them nearby!
photos.

grammy and colby.

is it awful that i think she is the cutest little human ever? because i do. i don't even care if you think its awful... i don't know why i even asked.
she likes the binky. fine by us.

off to the dr. once again. she went on monday, tuesday and wednesday. yesterdays visit was awesome. we love dr. prince. she has gained A POUND!! and now weighs 6.10. way to go daphne. she also kept going down on her belirubin (jaundice) test and now doesn't need to be tested anymore! hurrayyyy! now we don't have to go to the doctor till next week. janell gave daphne this adorable little body-length coat :) its still huge on her but so cute- i love the ears. and nic's cousin nicole made daphne this hat. I love it. thanks nicole :)

getting ready for bed.
more of that.
Daphne had the best night sleep last night! we were so incredibly happy. she went to bed (in her bassinet nonetheless) at 11. Then, she woke up and ate at 1 am (we were still up) and then went straight back to sleep till 6 am. SIX AM!!! Then.. she ate again and went straight back to sleep yet another time till 10 at which point i woke her up to feed her before i exploded.

so, there it is... the first 5 days of Daphne's life. I think she likes earth, she doesn't seem to mind. we love her being here. i miss her when she's sleeping or when other people are holding her. i just can't get enough.

11 comments:

Julie K said...

Holy snot that girl is absolutely beautiful. I love her. I love you. The both a ya's.

Ashley Wray said...

I love all the details, you will be so glad you sacrificed a little bit of sleep to document all the excitement of her first few days! She is absolutely gorgeous, like for reals! Yay for sleep, I hope she keeps it up!

Megan said...

What the heck...she is here! I am so bad...I feel like I haven't been in the blogging world in forever! I am so happy for you and she is just beautiful! Congrats!

The Strouds said...

Such a beautiful girl... and thanks for sharing these percious moments! It takes me right back and I love it. Love it! I remember when the only thing that remotely fit Lucy was a pack of 3 onesies that were 5-8 lbs. So we just had her wear that for about 2 weeks. I hear ya. This is such a blissful time, although difficult!

Adrienne said...

Oh, you are just as you should be. Daphne is adorable; YOU are adorable parents. Keep sharing! I love it.

Sara said...

I love seeing Nana hold Daphne! I'm so glad she is there.

Daphne is beautiful. I'm impressed with all the posting...keep it up!

Ceci and Steven said...

Aww, you're a mommy, so cute! and yes, she is adorable. Wish I could meet her, I love holding newborns, they're so cuddly!

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

I get all weepy whenever I think about your little family! These photos are so precious.
Travis and I gasped when we saw the photo of her eyes!! BEAUTIFUL!

Ande said...

Nic and Kirsten I am already in love with her. Those we great pictures and she is beautiful! I think she is the cutest little human being too, don't worry! I want to come see you guys + her, let me know when would be good!

Steph said...

She is definitely beautiful. Thanks for blogging. Great photos, too. I remember when Eden was a newborn and I missed her when she was asleep and I got physically ill if other people held her too long. We wanted to come visit today, but we'll have to wait until Eden gets over her little cold. Can't wait to meet Daphne.

Missy said...

She's such a sweet baby! It's fun to have some more girls in the family, it seems like all of us are having boys, so yay! It was fun to read about your first few days with Daphne. It looks like you guys are just having the best time with her. I can't believe how fast they grow up, I wish I could go back to when Jacoby was that small, it makes me sad. I still get grumpy when other people hold him too long, and they all say, well you hold him all the time, but I don't really care, he's my baby. ha ha. Daphne is just adorable, I loved all the pics.