Monday, January 19, 2009

2 weeks.

no wonder people with kids mostly just write about their kids... that is all we do now! but, its fun and we really love it. i can't imagine our lives without daphne around now. she is doing great- this weekend she was kind of fussy but i think its all sorted now. She went to the doctor on Friday and she now weighs 7.3 and is 20.25 inches long. she is sleeping now in her sling in my arms- i love it!

this is what we did this week...
daphne reading with dad.
cutest little feet.
she is free from the umbilical cord and nic calls her lizard frog human. but she is the cutest lizard frog human i have ever seen.
daphne was mesmerized one day when nic put her in her crib in her room facing her art gallery wall (all of nic and i's work from the past semester) she was totally entertained and nic got some adorable pictures of her.

this was at about midnight last night after hanging out with joey/rayna/jude/seth/maddy. she slept almost the entire time we were there... everyone was amazed (or were they worried?)
we also:
*had people over for the office/30 rock so daphne got to meet some new friends

*took her to the olive garden friday night. she loved the ambience and her first ever public restroom experience.

*ran lots of errands.

*planned on going to church for the first time.. but then she was so fussy so it didn't happen. maybe next week.

MY SISTER IS COMING TOMORROW!
If you don't know Julie, I suggest reading her blogs. (julie konchar and konchar family) i think a lot of my friends only check our blog to link to her blog, but that's ok. she is very funny and has adorable children who are often doing very naughty and funny things. she is staying tuesday-friday and i am so excited!!!

Also, as a post script, how AWESOME is TV right now? We can only DVR 2 programs at once and that has never been a problem till like last week- but there are SO many awesome shows on right now! {I wanted to record this show about toddlers in beauty pageants but it conflicted with american idol and the biggest loser.. we are going to have to make some choices, and i don't like that one little bit} For example: the biggest loser (we have never watched it before this season and now we are OBSESSED! i am pretty sure the one cousin from Mesa was in a ward i served in... so that's cool) american idol (i've never watched this till this season either but i've enjoyed it thus far) the office, 30 rock, LOST (starts this week!!!) and america's best dance crew (or ABDC as a.c. slater likes to call it) so basically.. we have something to watch everynight. You maybe thinking to yourself: pathtic. well, perhaps but need i remind you of the little gem pictured above who don't want to take into the freezing temperatures of Rexburg (and even if we did want to... what would we do?) so instead, we invite people over here and crowd around the tv. don't judge us, it's awesome.

8 comments:

Julie K said...

Oh but I do judge you: AWESOME. I judge you awesome. Thanks for the blog shout out. It hasn't been funny for a while (because diets are not a laughing matter) but hopefully that has been remedied by Mighty B and another Sunday shoe fiasco. Hopefully. I don't know, I never think my blog entries are all that funny--the really funny stuff I feel compelled to not share in an effort to shield those around me. And to preserve a little dignity on my part. Wow, I sure have filled up this comment with a lot of stuff not about you. ME ME ME. Now I sound like Kate Winslet.
I AM SO EXCITED TO COME TO VISIT TOMORROW! I am so excited I had to shout that in your ears. Dad (and when I say Dad I of course mean MOM because I think I'm going to start interchanging them like Mom does with us) said that Rexberg (Rexburg?) is heating up. Like into the THIRTIES. Sweet.
I love that you love all those shows. I have been thinking the same thing lately about the DVR problem. I may just have to look into TIVO.
Off to the store--Tootles!

Ashley Wray said...

Oh, you are SOOO not pathetic because that is our life as well. The kids are in bed by 7:30, what else are we suppose to do?
Daphne is seriously adorable, love all thos cute pics! Have fun with your sister, she is hilarious because, yes, I do check her blog! Enjoy your company and your Monday shows!

Emily Kate said...

Well I love all the daphne updates so it's ok. Also I'm not judging you for watching tv because winter in new york is much like winter in rexburg in many ways. Basically in that it sucks. So we're all about the prime time tv and I've had tivo conflicts as well.

janellybelle said...

Hey there cute little Bingham family! I just love reading your blog and think you should post a new blog every day because it makes me smile! laugh! and just feel happy! The pics of Daphne in her crib are adorable, she's looking older already! I'm excited for you to have fun with Julie, sisters are the best!

the binghams. said...

Kirsten, dont forget world series of poker almost every single night till 2 am

Ashley said...

I wish i could be crowded around your tv.

Gloria said...

Hey Kirsten!! I love the new pictures. I was wondering if you could email me your address-for some reason I don't have your number in my phone?? I need to send you your tax information. Thanks so much
Gloria
thecocoabean@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I find myself coming to your blog over and over again because your baby is just so cute. I really hope that I can come to Rexsburg some day and see your cute baby. It would be great to visit you and Laura :)