Monday, May 26, 2008

our kidney bean



No, Jaq, the baby isn't going to be an acorn quite yet. In fact, to me a kidney bean seems smaller than a blueberry- don't you think? But, thats what the baby-update told me this week. In other exciting news- our baby's tail is shrinking (yay!) and though it formed its arms and legs last week- this week we get hands and feet! It reminds me of when Sid was born and my friend from school (we were in 6th grade) asked me if Sid's toes were the size of small peas when he was born. I think that is a really cute visualization- tiny little pea toes. I am still feeling disgusting. I know I am not supposed to be tired of this already at week 8, but i am tired of feeling so un-myself all the time. Nic's work friends are over for a lunch time BBQ and i am feeling very introverted and not hosty. and i used to love being the host. uhhhh... only 30+ weeks to go :) 

3 comments:

Julie K said...

Time stands still and actually starts moving backwards a little bit. It doesn't get better. But then you have your baby and time flies! It is a crazy world.

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

Kidney beans are cute I guess. I've seen some pretty big ones in my day, but for that matter I've seen some pretty big blueberries too. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I can't believe you're not feeling hosty. That's strange... ;)jk. I'm sure babies do lots of weird things to you.

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i got my christmas oil! now how do i use it???