Thursday, May 29, 2008

one, five, ten






o-n-e

I have been thinking a lot in the last few weeks, especially since I've now been home from my mission for a year, about how quickly life changes. A year ago (plus a couple of weeks now.. I'm a little late with this post) I was spending everyday at the mesa temple visitors center. I was constantly day dreaming of getting home and being with Nic. Seeing him again after THIRTY LONG MONTHS was the most exciting moment in my life, up to that point. I loved being a missionary but Nic trumps it all :) Then of course, we quickly planned a wedding in 6 weeks- 3 weeks of which I spent in California, Utah and Idaho. I am glad my mom didn't freak out too much. I know it was stressful, but we just couldn't wait to get married! A year ago today I was probably picking up my dress.

f-i-v-e

Five years ago I was in my sophomore year at BYU-I (I should have a doctorate by now... right?) I was 18.. almost 19..I had LONG black hair, I wore safety pins (thats right) on all my clothes. I liked to skateboard and hang out with my college best friend Kim. I think Emily, Megan and Sarah moved in with us that year and we had so much fun. That year I took my first communication class, loved it, and changed my major from ceramics to comm. Now I am taking my senior seminar class from that same teacher this fall. Also, that semester, I took a class named missionary Book of Mormon. It was a 4 credit class and was a lot of work but I loved it. Even though I was looking (and acting) pretty stupid, my testimony really grew that year. I had to read the Book of Mormon in 28 days and it was such a good experience for me. I decided at that point that I definitely wanted to serve a mission.

t-e-n

Ten years ago I was a freshman at Highlands Ranch High School. My best friends are still some of my best today... Melissa, Ashley, Denise, Jenny and Leslie. I wore... i don't even know what. probably still some limited too. I had horrible huge bangs and a lovely gap between my 2 front teeth. We all decided to play rugby that year and actually had so much fun. We spent most every weekend at the mall, at mimi's cafe, going to the "mormon" dances or, of course, in front of a mary kate and ashley olsen movie. I was constantly an emotional wreck and Julie was always there to be my sanity when I couldn't stand my mom. Horrible. Now I love them both :)
I don't have any pictures of the past 5 or 10 years on this computer but I do have some ones from the last part of mission at least.

5 comments:

The Strouds said...

Ahh Kirsten.. good times. I loved those days. Especially the stalking... did I spell that right?

the binghams. said...

oh yes... i think our scott donder days were after we could drive- but that was fun.

Julie K said...

You are too cute. But what about your eyebrows? Sure, you mentioned "the gap", but what about the eyebrows you scraped off your face? Huh?

Megan said...

I love the mission pics! You are such a beautiful girl! I miss college, I had a blast with you and the girls!

Melissa and Douglas said...

That was so fun to read. I love you. It looks like Douglas and I are going to be in the Boston area for quite some time. I hope we can get together again some day.