Friday, May 23, 2008

Kirsten's must see list

Perhaps there are a few of you who are looking forward to a lazy, lackadaisical summer and are just itching for some things to do. Ok.. basically, I am posting the blog that I wish all of you would post, for me. Give me some hope and something to do or watch. Here is my list of favorites and you should return the favor and make a list of things you love so I can peruse it and get some ideas. and thanks again errin for all your blog wherewithall. 

{AN AWESOME RANGE}
Isn't that the most
 incredible range/oven you have ever seen. I REALLLLLY want it. we obviously couldn't do this in our tiny Idaho house we are planning on getting this fall (even if we could afford this $6,000 range-ha-) because we couldn't get a return when we try to sell it. It would be a little over the market for Rigby :) 
{L} {O} S {T}
thanks to our friends the Olsens and Shumates, we are officially OBSESSED with LOST. It is amazing. We are now 3 discs into season 3 (season 4 just finished last night) we are friends with the guy who checks them out to us at Hollywood Video because he, like us, is obsessed with lost. Sometimes he doesn't charge us and says: its lost, i can't charge you for lost! Then he'll go through the disc and tell us what episodes will be especially amazing. We are never disappointed. This is definitely not a series you can hope to pick up in the middle. You need to watch it from the first season to be fully invested in the stories and characters, plus you will just be lost (ironic?) But, its worth the investment of time.. trust us. We were a bit skeptical at first but now we are hooked.


{B} {E} {S} {T} {I} {N} {S} H {O} {W}
this is one of the best movies of all time. I love it. Today Nic said to me: and then it was... still overcast. I laughed. I love this movie. If you have never seen it or it has been awhile then do yourselves the favor of watching Christopher Guest's finest (in my opinion) mockumentory.

{MY HOUSE IS WORTH WHAT??}
I love this TLC show that goes into people's homes who either want to move or renovate who are curious to see if they have built enough equity. Some people are really happy with the results and others want to kill the realtor. Either way, its a great 1/2 hour. Also, hidden potential. Equally as awesome!

{J} {U} {N} {O}
I think this movie will always hold a special place in my little grinch heart. We went to see it with Jaqui and Travis in Rexburg and I cried the whole way through it. It made me want a baby SOOOOOOOOO bad. I had been thinking these tiny baby thoughts for a few months but Nic wasn't really entertaining the idea. Then, after we saw this he said: wow, that would be really fun. And the rest is history... now I'm 7.5 weeks pregnant.

{S} {A} {Y} {A} N {Y} {T} {H} {I} {N} {G}
I adore this 80's classic. I feel like so many people haven't seen it which is a complete shame. I am always up for a great love story, if you have any other suggestions.

{F} {A} M {I} {L} {Y} {F} {E} {U} {D}
This image is from the old version where the host kisses all the woman, A LOT. on the lips. thats a little much for me. But, whatever the survey says, I'm interested. I think it would be SO much fun for my siblings to be on this and win $20,000 and all take a vacation together! I don't know if I would make the cut (since you can only have 5 players) but, either way- I think the Pedersens should hit up the Family Feud with our spouses. It would be really fun. I've been watching it a lot. I call it "training"
plus... those of you who know and love my mom, wouldn't she be hilarious on the feud? Anything I can think of to make my mom do which will result in this state she enters where she can't control her laughter I want to do. One of these things is making her be the singer in Rock Band at Christian and Errin's house and another thing is her being frazzled on Family Feud.
{LITTLE} {MISS} {SUNSHINE}
I LOVE this movie. SO much. Its such a stretch for Steve Carrell (I also love Dan in real life) and it is just so good. It makes me want to travel the country with Nic in a VW bus. We will, someday :) in the mean time we are glad that our friends Brooks and Heather leant this movie to us.

{Q} {U} I {L} {T} {S}
Do I just sit in front of the TV? Of course not! I sometimes quilt while watching TV, blog while watching TV or design while watching TV. I love this idea for a patchwork quilt with a twist. I am working on one right now. I LOVE IT! (thank you Carrie for sharing this with me!) Someday my sister is going to give us a wedding quilt. And sometime, when our first baby turns maybe.. 17, they will get a baby quilt from her. An artist can't be rushed (no matter how hard I try)
try it out:

http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html

So, there it is. A few of my favorite things, your turn!

7 comments:

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i feel so interweb savvy...ok, so when you insert a picture, the code just automatically goes to the top. you need to copy and paste it to where you want it, then delete the old one at the top.
this blog was fun--i think i'm going to do the errin version soon.
also, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of your mom on family feud.

Julie K said...

Yes, Mom on family feud would cause all of us to simultaniously wet our pants. My face hurts just in anticipation of it. I say we come up with a version for our family reunion/Old Nana's birthday. I'll buy the game. They sell it at WalMart. I gotta go anyways, because I'm out of sandwiches. That would be so fun. And Errin, you ARE so interweb savvy. And mashed potato savvy.

emily kate said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I just had a flashback of the Best in Show incident of 02. Do you remember that!? I think that was the only time we got in a real fight! And for the record, I've never been able to watch it since then!

And you know how much I love me some Say Anything.

Julie K said...

Liberty Bell, you put one more baco on that potato and I'm gonna beat your little monkey butt!

The Strouds said...

Cool quilt Kirsten! I'm sort of working on one too... a blue and white floral throw. It is for a beginers quilt class that I haven't been going to recently... oh well. It is a fun hobby though when you can do it!

Wish I had some ideas for summer fun... the pool is always good. And BBQs. Seems like I spend most of my time changing diapers or feeding Lucy in one way or another, so I'm a poor source for fun!

Carrie S. said...

Yeah, I got a shout out! This is a blog first! :)

Hilary said...

This just shows we should have been friends way longer at school before you left on your mission. I LOVE Best in Show and I agree it's the best, A Mighty Wind is #2 for me.

And Say Anything....ahhh...

That quilt is really cool too. My friend is starting to teach me how to quilt...err....SEW! I don't know how yet! That's cool that you're crafty. I swear we're the same right now. Except that you're with child.