Monday, May 19, 2008

Our blueberry





Every monday I get an update about our baby-to-be (it's still an embryo at this point) the major development this week is that its hands and feet are forming! How exciting. I can't wait to meet our baby. This week it also has doubled in size and is now 1/2 inch or the size of a blueberry. Last week my mother in law Janell sent me a book that she bought while she was pregnant with Nic. It is color pictures of the embryo/fetus at all stages of development. Very interesting but the birthing pictures at the end were what was very disturbing. I kind of freaked out. I actually through the book across the room. ahhhhhh how am I ever going to do this? I really don't know. If you want proof, I'll be happy to photocopy the book for you and you can see for yourself. Nic's friend Oscar moved here from Texas on saturday to start working with Nic. Nic was showing him the book and we both warned him not to look at the back but he was like.... you guys keep saying that but I really want to see. He also freaked out. But he never has to experience it! I do! in like 8 months! I feel bad because I do feel like I am often found complaining about the nausea, how scared i am about labor/child birth and how lonely I am at home all day. But really, I am so grateful to be carrying a baby. It is so exciting. I can tell I am do something really important and I like it. Plus, I am so excited to have our own little family. I know Nic will be a great dad and I am excited to be a mom. I have grown up with great nieces and nephews who have prepared me for motherhood in some ways- but at the end of the day, I am not who they wanted. Nobody beats a mom or dad. Now that will be us! Sorry for the blabbering but really, I am so happy... and thanks everyone for being so happy for us also. 

5 comments:

Julie K said...

You are adorable, my little blueberry. Don't worry about the birth. You can totally do it, so just put the whole business right out of your mind! Why worry and fret, nature will get the job done and the epidural comes highly recommended. Love that your friends enjoy reading about all my troubles, that is so cool. Are they in Idaho?
Regards,
Julie

emily kate said...

Awww a little blueberry! Precious!

By the by, do you chat on gmail or AIM or anything? I want to gossip about stuff somewhere that everybody won't read it. :)

The Strouds said...

You'll be so fabulous as a mom Kirsten! Don't fret, it all comes naturally.

I still remember those awesome dinners you would throw for the group...mmm... still makes my mouth water! You are so awesome!

Emily said...

I love blueberries! But I love you too!

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

I can't wait to meet your little blueberry! Whats the next step? An acorn?