Friday, May 16, 2008






Jaqui tagged me awhile back with some questions about Nic like this but I wasn't nearly as lonely, bored or desperate for something to do a few weeks ago as I am now. So here it is..

How did you meet your spouse? Nic and I met in late May 2004 at BYU-I. In his apartment, more specifically. I had just met his best friend Ben and then came in Nic. I knew from the beginning that he was T H E O N E. With his girlfriend out of the way a couple of weeks later, we started dating.
Where did you go on your first date? We went to Jonnie Carinos in Idaho falls. Nic had given plasma that day to pay for my dinner. what a dear! My best friend Kim had come that day from Detroit to visit and so I called Nic. He thought I was trying to cancel, but I just asked him to bring a friend for Kim to go out with. He brought Tanner and they actually got along pretty well. After dinner we went window shopping and then we went to back to Rexburg, borrowed Ben's laptop and watched orange county in Smith park, under the stars. Cuddling and holding hands was so pleasant that we started the movie over and ended up watching it twice. So romantic. It was the perfect date! When I came home after Nic and I's first date I shut the door and told my roommates "I just went on my last first date" and I did!
How long have you been together? Started dating officially (not just hanging out/making out) June 28th 2004 and after 30 months of writing to each other during our missions, we got married almost a year ago on June 22, 2007.
Who eats more? Oh, I don't like this question. Its probably me... even though I purposely dish him up a lot more dinner than I do for me . But one time, I didn't eat all that was on my plate and even though we had been married like 4 months, he was shocked. I guess that doesn't happen very often :)
Who said I love you first? He did and I quickly returned. I think we had both wanted to say it several other times but this time it was perfect :)
Who is taller? Nic is. But I did grow an inch and 1/2 on my mission which neither of us are very excited about.
Who sings better? I am glad I can tell this story without crying, oh being a newlywed was a lot of useless tears :) But, one time, on the way home from church I asked Nic why he didn't sing at church anymore, it really bothered me. He was quite for a minute and then he said: I can't sing the notes if you don't. I cried, I sulked, but he's right. Now, I try REALLY hard, which he says is working and I see him singing along so it must be a little better. Nic definitely sings better.
Who is smarter? I think we both have our strengths and weaknesses, but I like school a lot more than Nic does. Maybe he will change once he starts on his major.
Who does the laundry? We usually both bring it down to the laundry room together unless he is working and I am not, then, of course its me. I don't mind. Laundry isn't one of the many, many house chores I despise.
Who does the dishes? Neither of us :) haha.. mostly me, sometimes him. we love having the dishwasher in CA. Our old apt was miserable.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Nic does. It just feels right.
Who pays the bills? I usually do, but if he is online at that time of the month (not THAT time... but the bill time, sicko) then he does.
Who mows the lawn? We wish we had a lawn :( I think he'll mow when thats an option and we'll garden together. We want to have a big garden!
Who cooks dinner? I do. Except on Valentines day Nic did and it was fabulous! I just love to take care of him and what better way than with food? Cooking is fun for me because eating is fun! Oh, and no cooking on Friday nights. I don't think of it as "date night" unless we go out to eat!
Who drives when you are together? Definitely Nic. I feel way weird driving. Even when I am alone, though that is the only option when I am alone. But, that RARELY happens and I like it that way.
Who is more stubborn? Me.
Who is the first to admit they are wrong? I don't think either of us do more often than the other person. Basically, neither of us ever do. just kidding.
Who kissed who first? hmm... i would say that it was mutual. I held it off for a huge FOUR days! We felt like kissing each other right away- but i had a new "5 date" rule. So, on our 4th date we came back to my apartment before going out again, so I considered that our 5th date since it was like two separate dates. a stretch, i know. but, he was so damn cute. still is. So i announced it was our 5th date and we both knew what that meant!
Who proposed? Nic did. It was a surprise and wonderful. Of course I knew we were getting engaged, I just didn't know when. it was perfect.
Who is more sensitive? Me. But we both are quite that way. Not in bad way, I absolutly love that Nic can understand me and doesn't use phrases like: you can talk to me when you learn to control your emotions like.. my dad!
Who has more friends? I think its pretty equal- we make friends together.
Who has more siblings? we both have 5 others and both have 4 boys and 2 girls in our families.
Who wears the pants? Nic does, but not in a bad overbearing way. just in a I like being the wife way.

I copied and pasted this from my sister's blog and at the end when she tagged me she said: taking a chance with a newlywed, DO NOT SICKEN US. hahah.. I didn't read that until I was at the end of filling in my answers and with my busy, demanding schedule (ha) there is no way I have time to go back and change it now... so, I hope i didn't gross anyone out. I love Nic. I am so happy that someone so amazing loves me too. That insecure girl writing about her crazy family in her journal never thought she would get a husband like this. I think my family is pretty shocked too :)
I am not going to tag anyone.. i don't know.. its just not my style. but if you want to fill this out, I will no doubt be reading it as I check all of your blogs daily, if not more.

<3>

5 comments:

Julie K said...

You did quite a respectable job, little one. I am surprised that most of your answers I didn't already know. Okay, some of your answers I didn't already know. Very sweet, in a delightfully non-blecky way. And it is a good thing you have turned out so dang cute, or it would be pathetic how much we love Nic more. Good work, he is super awesome!

Emily Kate said...

I did this on my blog a few months ago and it's fun to go back and read. I loved your answers. You're still the same Kirsten! But that's a good thing and I'm really glad. :)

Julie K said...

Thank you for including that picture of me. It is amazing.

Megan said...

I loved reading ever bit! lol..the whole singing bit, I have a similar story and its just as sad. I used to be in Middle School Choir, I am not completely unfamiliar with music…but I have come to terms with not having the gift of music…I have accepted that and move on, even though I still love to sing. So when Kenny and I were first newlyweds during sacrament…Kenny asks me “Do you want me to teach you how to read music?”…I like yourself was devastated to hear that and probably cried…He now doesn’t comment on my sing, and I sing just a bit softer. (He is a good singer and I LOVE when he sings to me.)

Megan said...

lol...I totally remember the 5 date rule!! That is too funny....and you did try so hard to not kiss him, and we were all so proud! oh Kirsten I miss you!