Saturday, September 18, 2010

tray lunch



every once in a while (but then i really wonder why i don't do it more often-probably because i hate the cleanup) i make daphne a tray lunch (or dinner) i fill each compartment of an ice cube tray with part of the meal.

that day's menu:
1/2 slice muenster cheese
1 slice of turkey
1 jar of carrot baby food (don't judge me- this is the easiest way to get daphne to eat vegetables. i'll probably keep feeding her baby food until she refuses it)
about 1/2 cup applesauce



there is something about tray lunch that daphne just loves. she eats it all up.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I kind of want a tray lunch.

the binghams. said...

i'll make you one in 12 weeks.

Steph said...

What's wrong with baby food? That's a great idea! I've been wanting to get some of those little zip lock brand container and make tray lunches, too. I also want to get little cookie cutters to cut veggies and cheese out into different shapes. :)

Emily Kate said...

I love this! I've heard of muffin tin lunches but the ice cube tray is the perfect little portions for a toddler. Great idea.

Rayna said...

Love it! And vegetables are vegetables any way you slice them. Or puree them. I put pureed baby food in Jude's food because he's not big on textures either. Whatever works!