Tuesday, June 8, 2010

quote from julie

my sister is funny and her kids are freakishly funny.
i think most of my friends read her blogs (konchar family & julie konchar over there on the side) but in case you missed this gem here is a quote from her blog:

Monday evening we took a little family walk to Highland Point. It's about a mile each way, and the views of the Rocky Mountains at the end are breathtaking. I made Jon wear his shoes. He didn't wanna. His shoes, you see, are rather hideous. He's been wearing a certain $10 pair of Wal-Mart sneakers for the past few months and they have officially given up the ghost. A week before school ended, the sole of his right shoe filed for divorce from the upper. Some sweet lady at the office used duct tape to keep the shoe together until he got home. Good enough for me. I told him I'd buy him new shoes in two months. Jon isn't so excited, though, to wear the taped shoes. Did I mention the duct tape is neon pink?

So the shoes are ugly and pink. Jon isn't a fan. Pleading his case (which he lost, btw) he said "Mom. I can't go out in puberty like this! I look ridiculous!" I informed him that the word he was searching for was "public" not "puberty". And then Josie explained in a rather condescending tone, "Yeah Jon. Puberty is when you grow hair on your bladder."

Giving Josie and Jon the talk should bring a bounty of delightful misunderstandings.......all of which I will publish here.



oh my, i love my nieces and nephews (these 2 are 8.5 year old twins)

5 comments:

Steven & Jennifer Clegg said...

Hilarious!! I can't belive they are 8 1/2. It seems like just yesterday she was still pregnant with them. I'm sure that's not how it feels for her or you even, but I haven't seen them in forever. Lol! Crazy!! We're old-ish.

{what is bird in a cage bride?} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the binghams. said...

i know, we're old- thankfully julie is always 13 years older which helps soften the blow.

i know, i still feel like they're 5. thankfully, they still say the same kind of awesome things they did when they were 5.

Stephanie said...

hahahah. Thanks for sharing.

Rayna said...

Hahaa, that's great.