Monday, June 28, 2010

3rd anniversary trip!

Nic planned a perfect weekend to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. He took me somewhere i've always wanted to go- YELLOWSTONE! It's only 90 minutes away and it's kind of heart breaking we've never been before (together- nic went as a kid, and i've never been) and since this is our last summer here- we'll have to go back at least a couple of times before we move in december!

Nic had planned everything perfectly so we had a great time. He had a field trip on Saturday till 5 pm (and i was hanging out with one of my best friends from CO, Sarah, who was in town with darling emmry who daph loved) so we left saturday night and camped in west yellowstone. at first we were surprised when our campsite didn't have a fire pit but they had bbq's to use and it worked out great- we didn't reek of campfire all weekend! [plus they had the NICEST bathrooms and showers]

on Sunday we went into the park and it was AMAZING! If you've never been, you HAVE to see it at least once in your life, it really is incredible. Thanks for the perfect weekend anniversary trip, Nicholas, I LOVED it!!! now, here are a million pics. enjoy!


daph loves camping because camping= rocks.

paint pots. so amazing.

afro!

a very windy family pic!

old faithful! we timed it just perfect- went to lunch @ the old faithful inn (most delicious black bean burger) then only waited about 5 minutes before it erupted! it was great.

do you see daph's teeny tiny little squirrel friend? so cute!



Norris hot springs


we mostly saw a lot of bison (a couple crossed right in front of our car!) but we also saw a coyote (who was hunting something, so that was cool), a deer, a marmot, a ground squirrel & a snake.

the view from mammoth. kind of pretty, right?


my two loves. cutest humans ever.

such a perfect way to celebrate 3 great years!

4 comments:

Emily said...

best anniversary spot ever!! period!

Ashley said...

my family went to yellowstone when i was little and my dad told me if i sucked my thumb anymore he would stick it in old faithful. so then i stopped sucking my thumb.

and neither of my parents remember this happening.

Emily Kate said...

What kind of sling is that? One of your sister's? What a fun fun trip. Loving that darling Daphne!

the binghams. said...

em it's from an esty shop called small wish. but, when julie saw it she thought: i can do that! so she opened her shop (josiemichelle- but i'm sure all of her listings have expired! she's an etsy slacker) but, my sister does still make them (mostly for gifts) and has sold some to my friends. I love it for this age (and anything from like 6 months + when she'd sit up on my hip)