Wednesday, April 8, 2009

next week: lipstick, highlights and stilettos.

i'm kidding, of course.
but this post just shows our daph is growing up too fast!
i came into her room the other day to see 2 things:
-nic dressed her {uhhhhh}
&
-he propped her up against the wall to stand by herself.






Then.. I was reading in my mommy emails the other day tips to know when you should introduce your baby to rice cereal. {YUM!} and daphne was definitely displaying the signs she was ready- holding her head up great, sitting when supported and an interest while we are eating. So... here she is! Her first "bites" (it was incredibly diluted with formula) she did really well and seemed to really enjoy it, or maybe it was the fact that we let her sit in her diaper- how fun!




{excuse the attire- i went to the gym-yay for me! then went to broulims-
then home to test out the cereal!}

And lastly- an Easter preview! I wanted to make sure Daphne's cute brown dress (thanks Danielle and Maddie, daph's aunts) fit her and it does- she looked so cute. when they got her this dress for the shower, i imaged my little girl in brown with her big brown eyes- well, i am in love with her big blue eyes, it doesn't make the dress any less cute :)

apparently she was not excited about the photo shoot.

I don't know if its pre-teething or what but she is obsessed with putting everything in her mouth lately. i probably pulled the dress out of her mouth like 100 times while trying to get a cute picture. good thing this is just the easter preview because i didn't really get a good one.
if your kids don't get an easter basket its probably because daphne ate the easter bunny.
yumm... bunny.
ok, maybe 2 cute ones- i like this one and the next.

14 comments:

Steph said...

Yeah, I remember that dress. It's so beautiful! She's really growing up, huh?

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

man, i might be biased, but my niece is the effing CUTENESS! seriously, what a sweetheart! good job on going to the gym! we went 5 days one week, and then 0 days for 2 weeks, because that's how we roll (literally roll, because we got even FATTER).

Missy said...

I can't believe Nic was able to get her propped up like that, that's too cute. That brown dress is beautiful, he eyes are just gorgeous. I bet they're going to stay blue too. How fun!

Cody,Kendra,Kendall,Osker said...

What a cutie, I'm always scared when Cody gets kendall dressed. It's always a surprise to see what combos he puts together. I've got smart now though if we're going somewhere I'll lay clothes out for him ha

Julie K said...

Just so you know, I tried to comment last night but the entire post disappeared--SERIOUSLY! I tried for like 2 minutes to fix it but it was 11:55 in the pm so I gave up.

A few thoughts on this post:

The first pic: Nik couldn't find her purple socks?
The rice cereal shots: What was so incredibly interesting happening down the hallway? She can't look away!!
The beautiful brown dress: It looks delicious, I would have eaten it too.
The bunny ears: It is nice to know that as stylish and artsy as the two of you are, you aren't above putting your daughter in a set of bunny ears from the Walmarts and snapping away. It makes me happy.

As per usual, I love her. She is breathtaking.

the binghams. said...

julie- its NIC and they are from target. hahah :)

Ashley Wray said...

She looks so big standin up, and that brown little dress is adorable! One of my best brown eyed friends and her brown eyed hubby have a big blue eyed little boy too. Those recessive genes have got to come through sometimes.
She is darling!

Hilary said...

Love the outfit Daddy put her in :)

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

She is getting so big! I can't believe Nic was able to make her stand up like that. That was hilarious! She is so cute! Hope we see you guys tomorrow at the temple.

Julie K said...

I know it's Nic. I coulda sworn I.....Sorry Nic.

Ceci and Steven said...

Ok, I guess I'll be the 11th person to comment on the cuteness of this baby! Holy Hannah she's so cute!!

janellybelle said...

Nic! Nic! Nic! Standing up your 3 month old! You funny Dad! I think you guys are having fun playing with cute little Daphne. I loved the brown dress on her, now all she needs is an adorable bow on the top of her head! ha ha!

Stephanie said...

So sweet! I love that bib. Where did you get it? I love checking out people's houses in the background of their photos...yours looks so cute!

the binghams. said...

thanks Stephanie! the bib was bought by one of my favorite old roommates, emily. she got it from etsy (yay! support handmade) and the shop is called: zaniezoo.