Sunday, November 30, 2008

Logo

This is a logo that I did for a class project. Seth said I should post it, so here it is.  It is for an imaginary paper company named "carta", thats Italian for paper. Plus Dunder Mifflin was already taken.  The company makes all types of recycled paper for art.  For the final I might take out the recycled part just because I ordered some awesome paper for its stationary, but it hasn't come yet, so unless it comes tomorrow, or the place I'm printing at has some good recycled paper, then I'll have to get rid of that idea. Kirsten you should put yours on here, after all yours did go in the gallery!  Oh, so to explain a little more we had to use a reptile in the image. The lizard thing I made is supposed to look like folded paper, or origami I guess.  I liked it better when I had the origami lizard drawn with lines, but I really didn't like the type with just a stroke, so this was the outcome. I had to manipulate the type in some places so the letters would match up better, especially with the "c" and the "a" and the "r" and the "t". I am pretty excited to make the stationary tomorrow, but it's going to be a busy day.  Me and Kirsten have to do the same thing but for a real company tomorrow, and hopefully be pretty much done all in a day.  Wish us luck...... 

5 comments:

Emily said...

Bitchin lizard man! Good luck on the project!

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Lizzards are cool. Especially a whole coffee can of blue-bellied lizzards. Just ask my mom.

My Five Little Monkeys said...

See? This is why I really need that comments spellcheck. Pronto!

ellothere said...

cool! i dig the origami. Good luck on your real logo!

Jenn and Tyler said...

That looks great! Good luck with the project! I need your mailing address so I can send you a Christmas card! Email me at tylershaw@creighton.edu or leave it in a comment on my blog!