Thursday, November 13, 2008

An update of sorts

I feel like I don't have anything new and exciting to reveal but I am going to attempt to write a blog anyway.

-we bought Daphne's crib and mattress today! The crib won't arrive until mid-december but the mattress should come in a couple of weeks. Either way, I am so excited. We settled on this one:
and I really love it.

also, we haven't gotten these things yet either but my mom bought us a car seat:


and Nic's parents got us this stroller: We are so excited about both! Thanks parents!!! (or should i say: GRANDPARENTS!)
This is Nic's parents first grandchild so they are so excited. My parents are old grandparents- Daphne will be #12 but i hope they are still excited, nonetheless.

-I have been having a really hard time in Rexburg lately. Most of our friends moved away last year and we haven't really met anyone in our ward and def. not in our neighborhood. We have classes with lots of fun single people, but i think they get a little weirded out hanging out with a married/going to have a baby couple. What made things worse is I looked up all the classes Nic still needs. He is planning on applying for the BFA program for graphic design, probably next fall. With all those required classes, I think we will be here till July 2011 and that is with Nic going to school year round till he is done. I cried when I figured this out. I lived in CA for the first 9 years of my life, then Colorado for the next 9 and now Rexburg, Idaho for the last 9 years (by 2011, I started here in June 2002) Its not just that we miss our friends but we are really struggling finding things to do here. We find ourselves with cabin fever, especially working from home but there is NO WHERE to go! We just sit here trying to think of something to do and its so frustrating. I am SO ready for a change... but it looks like that is not exactly in the near future.

- I think I had a contraction this morning. I am not sure, but something hurt. it lasted about a minute probably. I have a cold so I stayed home from class and when nic left he told me to call him if i was having the baby. not today, i hope- but i would be SOOOO happy if she arrived a month from now!!

-Our friends Ben and Melissa had their baby on the 11th. She was 5 weeks ahead of me, so its seems crazy that she now has a baby!!! I had a dream last night about Daphne. It was so fun- I didn't want to wake up... she was really smiley and happy in my super bizarre dream (oh, she had a twin brother too- see, it was weird) but it got me even more excited for her arrival. I know everything will change, but in a good way.

-We are staying here for Thanksgiving and Christmas with the Binghams. It will be fun, but bitter sweet because most of my siblings will be home for thanksgiving this year and I haven't been home for Christmas in 4 years. We said last year that we were FOR SURE going to CO for the holidays but we had no idea I would 8 months pregnant. Oh, how things have changed!! We are planning on going for 2 weeks in March so her grandparents can have some more Daphne time while she is still small, it will be fun but there is nothing like the holidays. I really miss my family so much. Much more than I thought I would :) I think it is especially hard being pregnant and then knowing that Daphne won't be around them much for at least the first 2.5 years of her life. I really would love my mom and sister to be close by, I miss them so much and visiting is just never the same, it always goes by so fast and we always have a million things to do and see while in CO that we don't spend as much time at home as we should.

-Evapaul has been off the hook all the sudden- super exciting.

-OK, this is all I can think of, plus I want to go call Julie and ask her about this contraction thing I think I had :)

Sorry for a lack-luster post... more exciting news next time, I promise!

5 comments:

The Strouds said...

I think that is all pretty exciting :) Adorable crib and cool stroller and car seat. I'm sad that you won't be in CO until after 2011 (if ever), but you'll have fun with your little family no matter where you are.

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i feel like i haven't had anything to say in a long time, myself. how set are you guys on getting the degree from Ricks? if he's still got that much longer to go, you should transfer down to UVU. then you could play with us all the time, and i could see my niece! seriously, you guys should think about it. it's just about as cheap (i think), and, the winters aren't so bad. plus, IKEA!

the binghams. said...

and brighton for snowboarding

Unknown said...

If you are thinking about changing schools you should think about Boston. There are about a billion schools here. Probably not as cheap but the Prophet said it is okay to go into debt for school, right? Plus there is always something to do. Think about it...

Emily Kate said...

Just wanted to tell you that I feel your pain. And I need to e-mail you back. Love you!