Monday, October 13, 2008

SEVEN MONTHS!!!!


Today is week 28. We went over to the family's house for dinner last night and saw Grandma Nell for the first time since we've been home from CA. As we walked in, Janell said that Grandma was so excited to see me and was wondering if I looked pregnant yet. I don't know how these women hide it so well, but YES at 7 months, I'm pretty sure you can tell I'm pregnant :)

I feel a little odd now in everyday life. its hard to tie my shoes, none of my coats button (kind of a problem since the low today is 16) and my hands and feet are swelling like crazy. Nic pried my wedding ring off a few weeks ago. The Livelys watched in horror, and Heather did exactly what I do when I am uncomfortable and people are crying (me, not Nic)- she laughed. Sorry that I called you the B word, Heather. It was a moment of weakness and pain, forgive me. The wedding band wasn't TOO bad but then when he tried to take off my engagement ring i basically wanted to die. Once I started crying and freaking out he tried to put it back on but it wouldn't come off or go on. Finally, he did it. thanks nic. you are #1. I now wear a silver band from walmart that is 3 sizes bigger than my real ring. classy, classy lady.
As for the lack of updating: I feel like we are barely keeping our heads above water- we've got the office to watch every thursday, school, season 2 of 30 rock which we just got in the mail a few days ago (and finished today while eating lunch- it was awesome) our business, taking at least one nap an afternoon, housework, checking other people's blogs far too frequently, deciding who to vote for, looking at every stroller/car seat and crib possible... the list goes on and on. But, we'll try to be better. I've really got to get some pictures up too.... oops. So, for this post all you get is a chinese cabbage. No kids, its not dinner- gross- its OUR kid! Daphne is now the weight of one these things- 2 1/4 pounds and 15 inches long. She has been moving like CRAZY. Not just kicking, I barely feel that because its so often- but she moves all around my stomach- Nic felt her in like 3 different places during our class this morning. My stomach gets all misshapen- its awesome. 11 more weeks to go I think is the countdown. I am feeling the pressure of being 7 months pregnant and we're not even to midterms yet. Luckily most of my teachers are pretty nice about it. One of my art teachers went super easy on my critique last week because i came into class crying and basically didn't stop the whole time. if he would have been even a little bit mean i don't think i could have taken it. Nic had to drop me off right in front of the building today because I had awful charlie horses last night and my legs still hurt way bad- i tried to cry and yelp in pain extra loud to wake him but he slept right through it.

this is far too long and far too pictureless. my apologies. loves from kirsten.

10 comments:

Travis and Jaqui said...

Kirsten!! I miss you! I am glad you posted. I got scared. I was wondering where you went. I'm sorry you're not feeling fantastic. Don't worry it's almost over. You will be so happy, and have a gorgeous little Daphne! I wish we could come see you! I don't know what everything will be like, but MAYBE we could try to come up for a day? I don't know. It depends on alot of things. And everyone will be having their babies! Exciting! As it gets closer we will know more. Love you!
Ps. I started laughing when I read about Nic prying the rig off your finger. Im sorry. :( I bet it was awful. I was just imagining it being really animated and dramatized and awkward with your friends being there.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

hahaha... I'm sorry I laughed Kirsten. It was wrong of me... but thinking, I don't really know what else I could have done. Friends? I'm pretty sure this made me laugh a hundred different times. I liked the screaming and yelping in pain part, because I too will do that. Like when I am uncomfortable, I have to groan and sigh loudly about it so Brooks knows, hey your pregnant wife is uncomfortable, cold and has heart burn. Oh... we want to come see you guys again, last time was a BLAST!

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

Ack! I'm cheating (I should be working on a mid-term paper rather than out reading blogs, but, too bad) and just wanted to say that I know your finger pain. For some reason, every time we drive to Denver my fingers swell inexplicably. The only way i can get around it is by drinking tons of ice water and using lotion to squeeze those bad boys off. swollen fingers. yuck. Hope school/work/etc. eases up for you soon. Miss you, haven't had our daily chat sesh in AGES! love you!

Emily said...

Oh you! I have been wondering where your posts were. I even checked your etsy page just to make sure things were updated. i know you are crazy busy and I thank you soooooooooo much for coming all the way to CO for the wedding! I just got all the photos from Josh today and they are so amazing! Go check them out if you have time. Love you and don't cry, dry your eye!! EMILY Rod!

Hilary said...

How would you feel about wearing a huge over-the-top awesome ring that just happens to be fake? I say have fun with that finger since it's not committed to just one ring these days. Buwahaha!

I loved the update. I do the same thing as you...when AJ's asleep and I'm not feeling good...he HAS to know!

Julie K said...

All I can say is, I know exactly what you are talking about. Pregnancy is the most surreal thing you will ever do. Strange days indeed. I can't wait for Little Daphne to get bornded. 11 weeks is no time!

Maddy Lucas said...

Your unsure of who to vote for???

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

Okay now you know who to vote for I just made your life so much easier and one less thing to stress out about.

That sounds pretty miserable tho. It is a wonderful thing to have a baby but I must admit I'm terrfied of all the things it will do to my body, both during and after...but it sounds like your doing a really good job with it.

Steph said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying the pregnancy! he he. Too bad it only lasts 9 months, huh?

Jenn and Tyler said...

Well since I've gotten my hands on your blog address I've been checking almost every day for a new post, so thanks, Tonight you didn't disappoint. Wow! 7 months! The countdown is on huh? I hope those charlie horses get better, not to be a pescimist or anything, but mine continued the whole last trimester, so good luck with that!
So glad you look prego at 7 months, I would have had to hate you if not. Leave it to Grandma Nell to wonder such a thing. We can't all be as gorgeous and tiny as she was at that stage of life. (I don't think she ate... ever.)
JK but this is way too long so I'll sign off now. Tell Nic hello!

Adrienne said...

Oh Kirsten, how much do I love you. I think those charlie horses from hell in preganancy are the WORST, where you're writhing in pain in the middle of the night. Your brain doesn't really work right in pregancy either -- you start feeling like you have no idea what it was like to feel "normal" and you will probably be preggers the rest of your natural life. So my advice is this: cry A LOT in front of your teachers, eat whatever the crap you want that your diablo heartburn will allow,and watch LOTS of funny things.