Saturday, April 24, 2010

colorado spring break




we spent the week in colorado between semesters.
my parents came for my graduation and then we drove back with them and then our friends courtney, talmage, jarom and chase drove our volvo to CO and met us wednesday night.
we went to the zoo, had lunch with friends, ate cupcakes at the shoppe, made sack lunches, toured apartments and neighborhoods, went shopping, hung out with my parents and siblings, went to paris on the platte, visited our favorite so. broadway shops, went to belmar, talked to several bums (this was not my favorite part of the trip) went to a yummy dinner and an awesome park in stapleton, went to garden of the gods and manitou springs, found a new neighborhood we love (alamo placita) and basically made our friends fall in love with denver. (well, we hope so :)
my parents were so nice to let us all invade their house and my mom watched daphne pretty much every day- it was so nice. we can't wait to move there in december! here are some shots of daphne and her new favorite toy- the cars in my parent's backyard & her at the zoo with friend emmry.


(this was daphne most of the time at the zoo- completely unamused. but, when she was face to face with animals (a peacock that just walks around the zoo and a crane that was behind glass) she was terrified and tried to climb up our legs)
this was the one time she was excited- at the aquarium. she loves fish.

5 comments:

Aaron and Angela said...

I'm glad that you had a fun trip! Alamo Placita is a cool neighborhood. As long as you stay above 6th you will be in the Capital Hill ward- my ward! Otherwise you will be in the Washington Park ward- not as cool as Capital Hill ;)

the binghams. said...

oh good to know! we want to be in the cool ward... but, we did find some apts we loved in wash park too- so we'll see how it goes down.
that would be so fun to be in your ward!

Ashley said...

I love Daphne's furrowed brow in that zoo picture. I also loved how her arms were glued to her side like that all day. Except when we were in Tropical Discovery.

Austin and Sarah said...

Such cutie girlfriends!

Stephanie said...

She is so adorable, and getting so big. Love her! I may need to check out some of the places you went on your trip. I grew up there and I have no idea what half of them are. I never know what fun things to do when we visit. We usually just shop and eat.