Tuesday, July 7, 2009

trip to ID--> UT--->CA

this weekend we got to see:
Errin, Christian (sister in law, brother)
Mom and Dad (kirsten's)
Nana (mom's mom)
Grandma Pedersen (dad's mom)
Aunts Barbra & Susie (dad's sisters)
Uncle Kurt (mom's brother)
Uncle Craig and Aunt Genni (mom's brother)
Soelberg cousins and second cousins (cutest little kid ever- Jonas)
Sarah, Kjell (sister in law, brother)
Drew, Chaz and Nate (nephews)

it was really fun and way too short of a visit (especially considering that we drove) Wednesday night we stayed with our favorite hosts- Christian and Errin. We had a bbq with their friends who were quite friendly. it was fun- we kind of wish we lived there, especially after that night. Then on Thursday we met my parents in St. George, ate In-N-Out and continued the drive. We arrived in Bakersfield (if you haven't been, it's awesome :) and stayed with Nana. She is so sweet and I wish we lived near her or at least got to see her more often. The next day we visited Grandma Pedersen and the aunts on my dad's side and my mom's brother and his family. Everyone just adored daphne and it was fun. We also went to Dewars (a candy shop i have never been to- i have eaten the candy all my life but i've always wanted to go- its a cute 50's soda shop and we got ice cream sundays and some of their famous chews) on Saturday we went to Fresno and stayed with Kjell and Sarah and their 3 boys. They are adorable and fun. Drew was so cute and liked playing with daphne. We went swimming at Sarah's parents and did fireworks there. The swimming was nice but Daphne hated the fireworks so we went inside very quickly. Sunday was Nate's blessing and then we drove home. 15 hours (well, it was supposed to be) in one day with a 6-month old- what were we thinking? Well, we ended up stopping at midnight in Jackpot, Nevada- still 4 hours from home. We drove home Monday morning with an hour to spare to shower and eat lunch before our class started at 2. It was a crazy weekend but I'm so glad we did it. It was so fun to be with my family- we really miss them.
This is before we left- its a good idea to teach your child they can stand up in their crib, right?
Christian with Miss Daphne. She loves eating watches.
Aunt Errin with Harper and Daph. such a cute auntie.

i think i might cry when daph grows out of that shirt.
Nana loved daphne and daphne loved nana. (this is my mom, my Nana is now referred to as "old nana by her great-grandkids) we are so excited to go to denver soon!


don't worry, i started a diet today and i'm dead serious about it. hungry, but serious.
it was over 100 in fresno- so the pool felt SO good! we bought daphne a foaty toy but she wasn't having it- she loved being in our arms though and splashing around. she's starting to really fill our her bikini :)

5 comments:

Austin and Sarah said...

Holy crap,she looks so squshy. I love it!

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i like how much bra i'm showing in that picture. i'm a classy gal. in my defense, my body is totally lopsided and i can't really control it. plus, i was holding two babies, not like a i had a free hand to control the upstairs. excited to see you tomorrow!!

Shayne said...

Oh my gosh! I live in Visalia... (in between Bakersfield and Fresno!) Next time you come down call me! It would be fun to go to lunch or something! It looks like you had a fun weekend! I LOVE Daphne's bikini! SO CUTE!!!

Adrienne said...

Diet, schmiet. I hope you're joking. BUT -- I LOVE your family! I'm jealous. That sounds so great. And I want to meet the Daph.

Cody,Kendra,Kendall,Osker said...

what a fun trip! daphne is adorable as always. I love her shirt with the ruffles I want it for myself! Good News! I am almost done with your order! Yah! Everything but one bike! p.s. do you mind if i steal the picture with you and daphne where your wearing the deer clippie for my daisydoo blog?