Sunday, September 20, 2009

i'm dumb


this is in response to posts on what i adore.
if you read them, i hope you also read this. if you haven't read them- just know this- i'm an idiot.

i’m so sorry for my last 2 posts (which i’ve deleted from my what i adore blog..) first of all, i was just being arrogant and really, really stupid. Then, to try to defend myself, i said i didn’t care if i offended people, which is even worse.

but, if you could get offended through a blog post, i hope you can get un-offended. I’m really sorry for those of you I have hurt. I promise that was never my intention but it doesn’t matter what the intention is, what’s wrong is wrong. today is my birthday and I’ve spent an entire afternoon (on one of my favorite days of the year!) feeling completely awful about this situation. So please, forgive me.

one of my many, many downfalls is that i am not as careful with what i say/type as i need to be. sometimes i just don’t think.

but, i promise i will work on it- and this will be about WHAT I ADORE- not about things i might not like.

and just because i love the magazine: i’m reposting the link to eliza.

i hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Julie K said...

Dang! Now I really regret not clicking on those posts like I was gonna do yesterday (or should I talk like Tommy and say lasterday?)

Well, I'm sure that I'll weasel the whole thing outa you anyways. Just rest assured that I say regrettable things on a daily basis, and oh so few of them are able to be deleted.

Love you.

(When I posted my comment a moment ago on your 25 post, my word verification was "pettings", which I think is vulgar.)

(Also, sorry about the ungallant timing of my Apryl post on your special day. I just happened to finish it today--not the best timing. But as an olive branch I will tell you I worked over an hour today quilting your quilt.)

Adrienne said...

Oh, I HOPE you didn't spend your entire afternoon agonizing!! Seriously. Um, I THINK I read the posts that you were referring to. Were they the ones where you were pimping pro-nazi attire? I can't remember. :) And this particular post has brought one thing very clearly to light: One thing you very much ARE is thoughtful. Why else would you post this? The end. You're awesome.