Friday, September 4, 2009

fall 2009

i always start a new semester think it's a rebirth.
an opportunity to change the things i do, but don't want to do.
to do the things i know i should.
there is something really refreshing to me about our schedules changing and our world of waking up at 10am getting turned upside down.
Honestly, it's a little bitter sweet. this is my last rebirth.
I've gone through 7 years at byu-i (minus the mission) and this is my very last semester.
i want to make things better- for myself and for my family. i want to take advantage of this rebirth.

i want to be more spiritually minded
i want to spend more quality time with daphne. reading to her. sitting quietly with her. watching her sleep. (i'm with her all the time- i just want our time together to be better)
i want to work out. i joined a gym and had a personal trainer but i kind of hated him and we can't afford it. but, i need to go to the school gym (which i kind of hate) i have been doing better about being active in past few weeks i've been dieting- i know if i make the time for it, eventually i'll enjoy it.
i want to go to sleep early. (i'm a grandma at heart) usually early to us is 12:30 or 1:00.. that isn't nearly early enough. I'm thinking like 10:30 or 11:00.
i want to wake up early. sleeping till 10 (or 11....) really sets you up to have an unproductive day.
i want to spend less time on the things that don't matter (real housewives) and more time on the things that do.
i want to be a better wife. i want to do little sweet things for my husband that i have a mindset i am too busy to do. i'm not, i never will be.
i want to be a chef. i want to cook and not just throw something together for dinner.
i want to use a planner.
i want to lose the 20 pounds i have left to go (i'm down 8 since the diet- it's working and i'm happy (hungry) and just wanting to look like myself again.
i want to be a better primary teacher.
i want to organize our house and keep it organized.
i want to be scheduled about things like laundry, moping, cleaning bathrooms ect.
i want to be frugal and resourceful.
i want to be consistent with the important things- prayer, scripture study ect.
i want to be hardworking.
i want to be more dependent on Heavenly Father.
i want to do well in school.
i know this might not sound difficult to some(most) of you- but i have a 2.95 gpa going into the semester, i want to graduate with at least a 3.0.
i want to be kinder, more thoughtful, more outgoing.
i want to be a better friend.

oh wow. quite the list. good thing the semester starts on thursday, i have a lot to prepare and do before i can be the new me.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you! I am going to think long and hard about what I really want to do and be. I am so unhappy right now and I just need to do something about it! I love you and I am sure you can achieve everything!!!!! Good luck with school!!!

Alli said...

Wow. You've inspired me to make a list. I was just thinking yesterday about how much time I waste. I mean, really, do I have to watch a movie every night? That's 2 hours every night I could dedicated toward something a little more worth while.

Thanks for the inspiration...

Adrienne said...

Hmmmm. I'm just trying to be as awesome as the "old" Kirsten. :)

Julie K said...

I think we are more alike than previous testing indicated--I could have written every one of these things on my own list. (Just imagine what my gpa looks like now!!)

I like you.

Rebecca and Chad Hansen. said...

We have a very similar to do list. Maybe we should work out together. Chad hates working out.

s.s. bazodi said...

You are so cute! I know you can do it girl. It's got me thinking.