Thursday, March 19, 2009

denver is the place i love.

a walk in the stroller for the first time. seeing nana {my mom} 75 degree weather. hanging out with my one and only sister and bestest friend. Josie. being in a loft downtown/never wanting to leave it. nic loving colorado nearly as much as i do! daphne's first swim. Sidney.the window seat in the office- daphne's favorite place to be. touring model homes. getting pulled over by the Lone Tree Hummer police {no ticket} late nights chatting. 5 crowns. seeing daphne play with papa {my dad} dinner with emily, tony, matt and carly. sunshine. a fabulous 2nd baby shower and lots of new outfits for daphne. talking to my nana {grandma} on the phone- i never just call her and i really should. Calvin. roasting starburst over blake and ali's stove. driving over 20 hours in the car and daphne cried for at most 10 minutes. Chinese takeout with Mark and Lydia. Jon. pie's sweet mom, Grace. Casey. staying at matt and janna's house in the mnts for the first time. nic loving the i-70 drive and saying we should never go through wyoming again! {though we did on the way home..} purple mountains. seeing the portrayl of george washington and helen keller by josie and jon, they are awesome. adoring baby Mia.sitting in the hot tub chatting with julie and nic. cadberry mini eggs. chipotle. surprising my sister on her birthday- we told her we were coming a day later but showed up at her dessert date with pie- she was shocked! Tommy. spending giftcard money. Seeing Ali's new dog- cutest ever! delicious pizza and pasta with blake, ali and chris. watching closing escrow with pie, julie, matt and janna. yummy food my mom made for the baby shower. Casey. driving around the entire city practically, stopping at every house for sale to get the flyer. Cally. daphne's first modeling job- a sling model for Julie! playing poker with Mark and Lydia. no dishes to do (thanks mom) park meadows mall. watching nic skate woodward. lone tree's super target. shopping with Ali. Lunch with Jenny and Leslie- half of the high school crew reunited {we missed you Denise, Ashley and Melissa} meeting up with an old college friend- Angela. panera bread not once but twice. date night at california pizza kitchen. taking calvin, jon, jos and tommy to mcdonalds for sundays and the playplace. Annabelle. good chats with my dad/playful banter. catching up with emily.
two cutest humans i have ever seen in bathing suits.

ohhh tommy. he really does do this himself. you may think that my sister dresses him up like this so she can have something to blog about. but, he does this on his own- only to her blogging delight.
walk.walk.walk.

she's only sad because it was over too soon.


he loves her almost more than a cousin should, its cute. "baby daphAne!!!"

my girls at the shower.

the konchar kids (and a young looking mom) oodling daphne. oh sure, i completely posed this picture but its cute, right?


aunt julie + daph

these ones are from this morning.
back from our 2 week long adventure and she is still happy- what a trooper- or as josie named her: goodie good. she really is- she can't help it, she is goodie good. here she is mid-laugh.

one thing she learned in Colorado is that she really likes tae bo. i think she is a natural. she now just LOVES to be left alone to punch and kick.
who is the cutest? ME! (oh i know, a braggy mom, i just couldn't resist)

sometimes there is too much happiness to just smile- so now she scrunches her whole face and sometimes throws her arms into the smile too.

can you believe she is 11 weeks old tomorrow?
I can't.

11 comments:

Cody,Kendra,Kendall,Osker said...

How fun! I wish we really would have tagged along with you three, but I am glad your back! Weekly house dates back on!

Julie K said...

I can't believe your trip is over. More please. We miss you and nic and that Goodie Good.

You really do have to move here. You know that, right? I will make you. I have my ways. Oh sure, you are the type A hustle-bustle-I-want-it-the-way-I-want-it type. But Whites are all quiet determination. Don't underestimate our kind. Plus I am also your bossy older sister. Sometimes.

Love you.

Emily Kate said...

Oh my gosh what a fun trip! Happy to see some pictures of that cutie!

ali c. said...

Kirsten, Nic, and Miss Daphne,

You are such a beautiful, little family, and I loved every minute that I got to spend time with you.

I can't wait to see you all again. (Move to Denver, please)
Miss you.

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I want warm weather. I bet you loved taking Daphne out on walks. She is so cute and getting so big. I didn't know you guys were seriously looking at moving to Colorado. That is awesome! Good luck. I want to go house searching.

Sara said...

Can I come next time? Please?

Emily said...

Dang I am so bummed that I missed the shower. I would have loved to have been there. So glad Daphne's first CO trip was so eventful!!

Steph said...

Wow, sounds like an eventful trip. Glad you guys had fun and made it home safely.

Adrienne said...

It's not bragging when it's the truth. And Daphne is the cutest 11 week old baby on the planet. End of discussion. And that sounds like the best trip EVER. Thanks for sharing and making us all wish we were you!

Aaron and Angela said...

Hey girl! I finally came across your blog! Daphne is adoreable! I am so glad I got to meet her in person! It was so fun to see you and meet your hubby. I am glad we could catch up.

janellybelle said...

That's great your little family had so much fun!!! You have an awesome family Kirsten, that's great you were able to see them for two weeks! We're glad to have you back with us for our Sunday dinners!